Still Manu tickets spare.

Boycie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More Man U fans than Derby, things turning ugly, pricing disaster because there are 2,000 unsold. I've never heard such tosh.

Also, less Derby fans than nearly every league game for the last two years? (interesting - not) well, shock horror. Since when have cup matches in the early rounds attracted bigger crowds than a league game? never?

The facts are, it's "only" the 4th round of the cup, it's an evening match and it's on live free to view TV so why should we be surprised if it's not a sell out? OK it Man United but we don't have to go wobbly kneed at the prospect.

Just stop making a fuss over nothing.

33 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

So, for arguments sake, if 2,000 remain unsold, that's 30,500 say. 5,500 seats gone to Man U tickets, which means that around 24,500 Derby fans in, less than for nearly every league game for the last two seasons. Interesting.

Really? I make it about 2 or 3 times more than we normally get for cup games.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

More Man U fans than Derby, things turning ugly, pricing disaster because there are 2,000 unsold. I've never heard such tosh.

Also, less Derby fans than nearly every league game for the last two years? (interesting - not) well, shock horror. Since when have cup matches in the early rounds attracted bigger crowds than a league game? never?

The facts are, it's "only" the 4th round of the cup, it's an evening match and it's on live free to view TV so why should we be surprised if it's not a sell out? OK it Man United but we don't have to go wobbly kneed at the prospect.

Just stop making a fuss over nothing.

Well said. It's just another in a long line of embarrassing 'issues' that a minority can't stop moaning about.

If this game was a sell out / £5 / free beer / free transport, some folk would still be getting their knickers in a twist.

It's Man U. So what. I'm not going as its on the box and I'll save my money for Fulham and Brentford.

I question the die hard attitude of all these Man United fans I see walking around the Westfield  

Their club playing on our doorstep and they aren't going to the game? 

I suppose they spend enough getting the train to Old Trafford every other week. 

@ladyram, is your mate Ianm going? 

35 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Really? I make it about 2 or 3 times more than we normally get for cup games.

But as far as the club are concerned this is a big event, not just another cup game but the chance to play one of the biggest clubs in football. Hence the big ticket price. My point was that someone somewhere has misjudged the mood. 

I think that it's clear that the ticket sales have not gone as expected by the club.

Ticket pricing is definitely one factor but there are many others also.

The fact that the club announced that they "Didn't expect tickets to reach general sale" and hence waiting to announce a date for General Sale and then have gone on not to sell all the tickets shows how much of a failure this really is.

No point in playing it down, the marketing department will be massively disappointed by the outcome and will no doubt be under scrutiny. 

14 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

But as far as the club are concerned this is a big event, not just another cup game but the chance to play one of the biggest clubs in football. Hence the big ticket price. My point was that someone somewhere has misjudged the mood. 

If there were 5 or 10 thousand tickets left over I would agree.  

Archived