Still Manu tickets spare.

Boycie

Just saying like, but if were £30 I defintely would have gone, and I dare say 5 or 6 of my match going mates would have too. As it is, it's too expensive so I'm going to watch it on TV.

£40 for any regular game is pretty disgusting.

The club knows it would sell out if it were £30 so they've chanced their arm and hoped the 'lure of Man Utd' would be enough to justify the £40. Its too early to do the maths but an extra 1500 people paying £10 less probably wouldn't have made them as much money as they have done with a near sell out at £40. So in their eyes they've probably got it spot on.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My son me and my Dad would of gone if not for the price. I was waiting for the £25 announcement when £35 was announced just after Christmas etc no way when it's on TV. Let the half fans/plastics go. I gave mine to some lad who hasn't been for years who only wants the big games lol.

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

£35 for my season ticket seat, was never gonna pay that. 

We as season ticket holders should not be expected to pay again for a seat that we shelled out for in June, for me the clues in the name " Season Ticket". 

I am guessing that probably most fellow ST holders have stumped up the £35, that's up to them. 

What a crock of poop. 

You shelled out in June (no one forces you to by the way) for a ticket that allows you to go to all the league games at a discounted price...there is no mention of free/cheap FA cup games, free car parking, discounted shirts, free cups of coffee at Starbucks or a free sausage roll from greggs. 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Why is everyone persisting in blaming Derby County for the price? We all know it's Man Utd who have insisted on this but that Derby can't say so publicly. 

Have a little bit of faith in your club sometimes, people.

Because the competition rules clearly say that it is the home team which sets the price.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

What a crock of poop. 

You shelled out in June (no one forces you to by the way) for a ticket that allows you to go to all the league games at a discounted price...there is no mention of free/cheap FA cup games, free car parking, discounted shirts, free cups of coffee at Starbucks or a free sausage roll from greggs. 

My opinion me ode China, if your happy with that then enjoy and good luck to ya. 

But in Dragons Den style "for the Man Utd game - am ooooot!" :p

And where did I mention any of the following by the way??

there is no mention of free car parking, discounted shirts, free cups of coffee at Starbucks or a free sausage roll from greggs. 

46 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Because the competition rules clearly say that it is the home team which sets the price.

It may well be in the rules, but the teams do negotiate and would agree on a price that is suitable to both parties so that one set of fans doesn't get stung in case of a replay.

55 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

£35 for my season ticket seat, was never gonna pay that. 

We as season ticket holders should not be expected to pay again for a seat that we shelled out for in June, for me the clues in the name " Season Ticket". 

I am guessing that probably most fellow ST holders have stumped up the £35, that's up to them. 

Years ago your season ticket came with cup vouchers and the club asked the fans if they would rather keep the vouchers or have a reduced ST price and pay for cup games. People were moaning about paying for cup vouchers because they did not fancy going to games against lower league opposition. So cup vouchers were removed. So blame the fans that voted that way because you could have gone tonight without paying anything on top of your ST price, although your ST would have cost more. 

10 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Years ago your season ticket came with cup vouchers and the club asked the fans if they would rather keep the vouchers or have a reduced ST price and pay for cup games. People were moaning about paying for cup vouchers because they did not fancy going to games against lower league opposition. So cup vouchers were removed. So blame the fans that voted that way because you could have gone tonight without paying anything on top of your ST price, although your ST would have cost more. 

Did the season ticket go down? I can't remember it?

1 hour ago, mozza said:

if i remember rightly , we got 4 cup vouchers total for FA Cup and League Cup usage .

Most seasons ended with 2 of these vouchers left unused/unneeded

There was no refund on these as far as i remember ..

Correct.

1 of the tickets was invariably used up against Halifax Town every year in the League Cup.

7 hours ago, ossieram said:

£35 per match voucher more???

The trouble with the voucher system is the distribution of the match receipts. With over 24,000 season tickets would that mean we would have to share average match receipts of over 24,000 when only 12,000 turn up against lower league opposition in the early rounds? The club would be paying more money to the opposition than it should.

Archived