Still Manu tickets spare.

Boycie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If there were 5 or 10 thousand tickets left over I would agree.  

Exactly. by kick off there will probably be just less than 2000 left. Pretty good for a Friday cup game on TV. I don't think they miss judged it by that much and I don't think they will be losing that much sleep. They were never going to be especially cheap so, as someone else said, would £4, £5, £6 cheaper have made much difference?

Some really stupid comments by some on this thread.As Tim Bucktoo says, some will always find something to moan about.

A new thread devoted to this tosh? When we already have the matchday thread and another thread actually in Ramstalk talking about the game and whether we'll sell out or not. if only there was a moderator to merge them. Oh wait, one started this thread. I despair.

For info, in the other thread in this part of the forum, ages ago I pointed out that we wouldn't sell out. And no of course it's not a pricing disaster for the club. It's unfortunate for club and fans that our drop in form occurred at exactly the wrong moment, but we'll still make plenty of money and move on. If there was a little more positivity among the *supporters* it might actually help us win the game and turn the blip in form around.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Exactly. by kick off there will probably be just less than 2000 left. Pretty good for a Friday cup game on TV. I don't think they miss judged it by that much and I don't think they will be losing that much sleep. They were never going to be especially cheap so, as someone else said, would £4, £5, £6 cheaper have made much difference?

Some really stupid comments by some on this thread.As Tim Bucktoo says, some will always find something to moan about.

To a degree I think it would have been different if it was say £25 ST £30 Non ST, it was a choice for either me go, or my two little lads to go... 

I've seen us play all the bigger teams plenty of times over the years, I've passed the baton on.

Also one last thing regarding pricing, I've mentioned before on other threads. Bloke on low/min wage wanting to treat his wife and two boys to the game would have to work 2 days to able to pay for tickets... 

But that's probably more of an argument for ticket pricing in football generally. So I think there's a reason to moan about that particular issue to an extent

21 minutes ago, Rammy1 said:

Poor show not to sell them all

bloody poor show. 

So what is £35 quids. Loyal supporters 

What has not wanting to be ripped off got to do with loyalty?

Where have all these 'loyal supporters' been for the less attractive cup matches over the last few years?

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What has not wanting to be ripped off got to do with loyalty?

Where have all these 'loyal supporters' been for the less attractive cup matches over the last few years?

What gets me is the post straight after the one you replied too... 

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

More Man U fans than Derby, things turning ugly, pricing disaster because there are 2,000 unsold. I've never heard such tosh.

Also, less Derby fans than nearly every league game for the last two years? (interesting - not) well, shock horror. Since when have cup matches in the early rounds attracted bigger crowds than a league game? never?

The facts are, it's "only" the 4th round of the cup, it's an evening match and it's on live free to view TV so why should we be surprised if it's not a sell out? OK it Man United but we don't have to go wobbly kneed at the prospect.

Just stop making a fuss over nothing.

The point is that Man U think they are a big team coming to time and we are going to fawn over them. The fact we aren't as someone else said is amusing.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The point is that Man U think they are a big team coming to time and we are going to fawn over them. The fact we aren't as someone else said is amusing.

we aren't drooling over them coming to town but there are another 4 pages on about them here as well as the 11 pages on the match day thread the 8 pages on the Man Utd game on TV and a couple of pages on the 2009 game.... I would say we pretty much are drooling over them coming and rightly so, they are the biggest club in the world and next week we will be playing Preston, it is a nice change.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Never would have gone on general sale if it were Liverpool.

But if they did it wouldn't have been their fault... 

I have just confirmed with a landlord in St Petersburg that they are showing the game tomorrow(perfect 14:55 kick off here!) how many Rams fans do you think I will see in there Uttch? 

I don't think the club will care a jot if it's a sell-out or not. It's a money-making exercise. 1-2,000 unsold tickets will be offset by broadcast money, potential prize money, the current sales at premium prices and any matchday revenue. Everything will be a bonus at this point as they probably envisaged getting dumped out by Hartlepool in the previous round.

It's no surprise to me that we haven't sold out. It's live on the BBC on a Friday night after work. Is it a surprise fans would opt to stay at home, sit on the sofa and put their feet up after a hard week at work? Ticket prices are as much as £40. Is it a surprise fans would opt to watch it in the pub where they will spend probably a fraction of that? Season-ticket holders have been charged £35 which left a sour taste and the Birmingham and Reading games probably compounded matters. Is it a surprise many of them would opt to stay away?

We're paying premium prices because of the opposition. But Manchester United are not a box office attraction at the moment. They are a shadow of their former selves. It's well-documented how boring they are under van Gaal. They used to have such pulling power but right now, their best player is de Gea, who is a goalkeeper and as close as you will get to a world-class player in their ranks.

Make no mistake, they do have good players and will no doubt prove too much for us but fans aren't going to blindly pay their hard-earned money to watch us play United when we both look so poor. Jesse Lingard, who couldn't hold down a place in our side last year and with good reason, is now a first-team regular for them, which shows you how far they have fallen.

It has '0-1 United, should have brought a pillow and my dinosaur pyjamas' written all over it. Zzzz.

Archived