Shotton to Birmingham

CornwallRam

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shotton in the present market is worth £750,000. He is a good professional and will probably become a stalwart at Birmingham. We wish yo well Ryan. Rowett will turn him into a reliable player by keeping it simple. Next year he will be worth £1.5 million in an even more inflated market.

Pearson will probably sign a really tough CH person for the same money. He will already have earmarked that player. The player will eat girders for breakfast.

16 minutes ago, rynny said:

According to @ronnieronalde it was almost £1.5m :unsure:

Haha, I remember that. Hilarious.

Fee rising to 750k = profit.

Whether or not it's profit immediately I can't be sure but we paid less than £500k for him.

18 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

What about Buxton's move to Wigan?

For all discussions on Buxton have a look on this thread.

If there is no update on there then there will be no update at all and nothing has changed.

On 24 June 2016 at 13:25, Sparkle said:

£500,000 - ££750,000 would be the conversation I would expect but let's hope for more.

Sounds about right then, looks like we are playing in the right ball park which bodes well if people come for others

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Haha, I remember that. Hilarious.

Fee rising to 750k = profit.

Whether or not it's profit immediately I can't be sure but we paid less than £500k for him.

So you two sharp shooters think Derby paid 400k for him coming from a premier league club, didn't play him for two seasons then sold him for a profit to a club in the same division?

Naive at best.

All I know is I spoke to someone VERY high up at Derby when he joined on loan and was told the fee had been pre-agreed to make the Shotton deal permanent. I'll try to find the email.

It was in excess of 1m and for some reason 1.5m sticks in my mind.

Whether that changed and was re-negotiated at the end of his loan spell I can't 100% say because I didn't ask since then.

@rynny, if I said the summer sky on a cloudless day was blue you'd disagree and try to find a way to pick holes in it. i still remember you refusing to accept the FACT Whitbread had a guarantee of a year contract when he joined on loan and preferred to make up your own "facts"

Believe what you want bonnie lad. No skin off my nose.

25 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

So you two sharp shooters think Derby paid 400k for him coming from a premier league club, didn't play him for two seasons then sold him for a profit to a club in the same division?

Naive at best.

All I know is I spoke to someone VERY high up at Derby when he joined on loan and was told the fee had been pre-agreed to make the Shotton deal permanent. I'll try to find the email.

Whether that changed and was re-negotiated at the end of his loan spell I can't 100% say because I didn't ask since then.

@rynny, if I said the summer sky on a cloudless day was blue you'd disagree and try to find a way to pick holes in it. i still remember you refusing to accept the FACT Whitbread had a guarantee of a year contract when he joined on loan and preferred to make up your own "facts"

So the prices of players has stagnated then has it? Or has player values increased in general? The football economy has changed and players are worth more now than 2 years ago, or have players values stay the same since time began?

No need for the snidey comment.

Sorry for not believing a total stranger on the Internet. But ya know, heard so many people claim so many ridiculous things that I would rather "make up my own facts" based on common sense. Just because you say FACT doesn't make so, in fact it makes me believe it less when you put "FACT".

Just amazes me how many people claim to know "someone VERY high up" and how willing these people are at giving up information so freely.

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

So the prices of players has stagnated then has it? Or has player values increased in general? The football economy has changed and players are worth more now than 2 years ago, or have players values stay the same since time began?

No need for the snidey comment.

Sorry for not believing a total stranger on the Internet. But ya know, heard so many people claim so many ridiculous things that I would rather "make up my own facts" based on common sense. Just because you say FACT doesn't make so, in fact it makes me believe it less when you put "FACT".

Just amazes me how many people claim to know "someone VERY high up" and how willing these people are at giving up information so freely.

The subject was closed, you were the one who resurrected it by tagging me in a comment which was at least slightly snidey, certainly a touch on the sarcy side.

Shotton hasn't got any younger and has hardly played, I understand the concept of transfer fees rising, just not usually for players who are rotting away in the "development squad" or sitting on the bench week in week out while getting older.

What do you think I'm looking to gain by posting that Shotton cost more than the "less than 500k" you think he cost or that Whitbread had a clause in his loan contract guaranteeing him his permanent move?

You say your own facts are based on common sense, the common sense that suggests Zak Whitbread didn't get his extra year cos it was pre agreed he got it cos he was superb, injury free and Mr Reliable during the 4 games he played? 

Common sense that suggests today the unwanted Shotton was sold to a Championship club for more than Derby paid for him when they wanted him and signed him from a Premier League club, he's somehow grown in value and Derby have made a profit on him, this despite not being wanted and after nearly two seasons of not playing, I personally don't see the common sense behind those facts of yours.

You don't believe me mate, fair enough. Lets just agree to let it lie. I thought we'd already agreed to disagree last time before you tagged me sarcastically today.

3 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Naive at best.

I also believed it was only £400-£500k we had paid for him. He was coming up to the end of his contract, so I doubt the fee would ever be as high as a 1 - 1.5 million. Likewise we will be lucky to get £500k for him now. As it was undisclosed and the next transfer will be , we will never know. 

Archived