Shotton to Birmingham

CornwallRam

5 hours ago, rynny said:

Last comment from me, explain how Connor Sammon went from £600k to £1.2m then.

I don't know, maybe because he'd just made 32 appearances in a higher division than the club he was joining? (albeit the majority of them as sub). I think Wigan only paid 400k for him, so NC actually thought he'd improved three fold.

How much did Connor go for after not playing regularly for nearly two seasons and clearly not being in Derby's plans? Did Derby make a profit on him as well? 

By the way, I personally think NC way overpaid for him and nice and hard working as he was a player, it was a clear mistake.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Shotton to Birrmingham a done deal.

announcement by Birrmingham this afternoon! 

Undisclosed fee. If anyone knows the fee then please let me know

Thanks

Didn't you tweet saying that Wassall was 100% our permanent manager confirmed? Think your source is giving you mixed signals lol #ITK

53 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I don't know, maybe because he'd just made 32 appearances in a higher division than the club he was joining? (albeit the majority of them as sub). I think Wigan only paid 400k for him, so NC actually thought he'd improved three fold.

How much did Connor go for after not playing regularly for nearly two seasons and clearly not being in Derby's plans? Did Derby make a profit on him as well? 

By the way, I personally think NC way overpaid for him and nice and hard working as he was a player, it was a clear mistake.

So 1 goal in 30 appearances made us think he was worth 3 times what Wigan paid for him. Yet it is not plausible that Shotton, having had a decent loan spell at Birmingham, could have over paid for him?

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

So 1 goal in 30 appearances made us think he was worth 3 times what Wigan paid for him. Yet it is not plausible that Shotton, having had a decent loan spell at Birmingham, could have over paid for him?

I'm not questioning how much Birmingham paid for him or whether they overpaid. I never said that Derby overpaid for him either. Derby paid what Derby thought he was worth, Brum will have done the same.

You're creating a different argument. 

My comment on Shotton was that he cost Derby more than the 400k or 500k you and a few others have alluded to.

19 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Didn't you tweet saying that Wassall was 100% our permanent manager confirmed? Think your source is giving you mixed signals lol #ITK

Isn't stuff like that bound to happen sometimes to genuine ITK posters though?

If Mel was all set to appoint Wassall and then changed his mind after the play off shambles, it could be that the info was real and true, just changed.

Personally, I like having ITK posters around (because I'm really nosey) and would rather we didn't actually drive them out until they've really proved to be a complete German centre back merchant. 

Whatever happened to DCFC_Kev?

10 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Shotton to Birrmingham a done deal.

announcement by Birrmingham this afternoon! 

Undisclosed fee. If anyone knows the fee then please let me know

Thanks

Why are you on here aswell ? I called this 7 hours before announcement and you're still badgering me. Piss off man

Just now, RamsPolls said:

Why are you on here aswell ? I called this 7 hours before announcement and you're still badgering me. Piss off man

You conveniently called it 9 or 10 minutes after Steve Nicholson tweeted that Shotton was likely to leave today.

14 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'm not questioning how much Birmingham paid for him or whether they overpaid. I never said that Derby overpaid for him either. Derby paid what Derby thought he was worth, Brum will have done the same.

You're creating a different argument. 

My comment on Shotton was that he cost Derby more than the 400k or 500k you and a few others have alluded to.

Sorry yes I did go off in the wrong in direction.

An ITKr posts on the forum saying Shotton is off to Birmingham then hours later Shotton moves Birmingham... Swear some on here aren't happy unless it means compromising sources to prove a point. Grateful that people who do have intel choose to share it on here. Keep it up mate. 

Just now, CastletonRam said:

An ITKr posts on the forum saying Shotton is off to Birmingham then hours later Shotton moves Birmingham... Swear some on here aren't happy unless it means compromising sources to prove a point. Grateful that people who do have intel choose to share it on here. Keep it up mate. 

I've provided the reasons why I doubt him in the Albentosa thread. Would love it if he were genuinely ITK because we haven't got many around at the minute, but he just tweets about near enough every rumour and then obviously gets 1 or 2 right eventually.

On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 20:54, Cam the Ram said:

You conveniently called it 9 or 10 minutes after Steve Nicholson tweeted that Shotton was likely to leave today.

I dont come on here very often anymore.... because majority of people just play up for the audience trying win a popularity contest while spouting drivel.... but when i see johnnys cheeky grin as profile pic and know u posted i always make sure i read.... always spot on and straight to the point... you may give yourself a pat on the back

On 02/07/2016 at 08:48, Woodley Ram said:

Let's move on, can we close this as he has gone now, I don't care much for this in fighting, we all support the same team and want the same things

1. Whoever is playing against Forest

2. To be the king of being right about things on the internet.

:thumbsup:

Archived