How soon is TOO soon to judge Clement?

Mostyn6

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, toddy said:

Spot on with those comments.

Isn't the answer to your question, the best of what Mac brought us in attack and the best in what Paul has brought us in defence?

Definitely. I'm happy to give Clement time to grow into the role and strike the right balance. 

Not call for his head 30 matches into his first management job where he's lost 6 matches. 

If we don't finish in the top six, we have to consider our options. I don't think that's too much of an ask. God forbid, we don't improve on last season's points total then it should be a formality. 

I said after the game last night that I doubt Clement will be in charge for the Preston game at the end of the season. I stand by that. 

I believe it takes a lot of 'know-how' and experience to turn a situation like ours around. If he does it, I believe he will go very far in this game. It's a tough, tough ask. 

1 minute ago, EastHertsRam said:

I don't understand the middle paragraph, how are we playing Preston at the end of the season when Tuesday will be our second fixture of the season against them ? Unless of course you have them down for the play offs I suppose. 

Ipswich, even. Preston has just been on the mind. 

I am hoping this blip is equivalent to our early season blip and we go on another one of those runs which saw us top. He has done it before so he and the players have shown they are up to it. The good run would need to start now though.

I am trying hard to detach my thinking from the money spent, years of hearing "Barker type fees" in the Clough era from Glick conditions the mind after a while. And now blowing £25-30M like it has gone out of fashion has just completely changed the landscape beyond what was fathomable for me. We are massive spenders now (and almost feel guilty for it when we preached how we were doing it the proper way for years) - the pressure is rightly there when you spend so much. I guess I would be disappointed not to see us promoted having thrown so much money at it, feel we really should be doing it after coming quite close in recent years and now adding £30M to the mix.

The collapse is already starting. I said the same last season and people accused me of trolling when I could see and so could many others that the team was falling apart before our eyes. People kept saying that we would be fine when thorne and buxton came back but they didn't even come back. The reality is we are a top 6 championship club at best despite all of the money spent.

16 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I am hoping this blip is equivalent to our early season blip and we go on another one of those runs which saw us top. He has done it before so he and the players have shown they are up to it. The good run would need to start now though.

I am trying hard to detach my thinking from the money spent, years of hearing "Barker type fees" in the Clough era from Glick conditions the mind after a while. And now blowing £25-30M like it has gone out of fashion has just completely changed the landscape beyond what was fathomable for me. We are massive spenders now (and almost feel guilty for it when we preached how we were doing it the proper way for years) - the pressure is rightly there when you spend so much. I guess I would be disappointed not to see us promoted having thrown so much money at it, feel we really should be doing it after coming quite close in recent years and now adding £30M to the mix.

I said after the first spending spree that I kind of felt cheated knowing that we had spent 5 years building a team up on low fees, and really challenging in the process, to having someone just come along and start writing cheques willy nilly.

There is no way getting promoted this season would feel half as sweet as if we had got promoted in the play offs that year.

All the spending has done is bloated the size of the squad and put extra pressure in the team to get promoted.

I think that he still has a lot to learn about the championship and championship players..... That doesn't mean he isn't learning though but it will take time.

I would personally love to see us playing like we did under shteve but with the added steel of a solid defence...we would be unbeatable.

To me,running down the wings and lofting it into the box just doesn't suit our strikers, especially Martin who likes it played to his feet.

Clement must know this however so I can only assume that he is managing his tactics,as he is, for good reason....after all,he wants the right results and goals even more than we do.

Hypothetically speaking, If we sold all of the players that we have bought for £30m how much do you think we'd get back today in return? I'm going to suggest £18m. 

Not good value for money at all. No wonder Mel was raging recently; as a businessman, this will hurt. Ouch.

We were top of the table briefly , no way we're we or have we been what is described as flying,, mates have asked how Derby were doing(Chelsea/ Man U premier watchers and my honest answer to them has been , we are up there but I don't know how as we are awfull just lucky reall we have some players capable of individual match winning moments but as a team we are awfull , 

Archived