How soon is TOO soon to judge Clement?

Mostyn6

I wouldn't care if he was sacked, the football we've played this season has been boring. Swip swap, swip swap, swip swap every week has not worked. Hull away, Wolves at home, the only 2 complete performances I can remember.

Completely sucked all the attacking fluidity out the players. It's like they don't know what to do when the ball enters the final third. Don't know if this is a confidence issue or a tactical one. Every goal we seem to score now is a worldie. For saying we have players like Martin and Ince, this is worrying

Defending has been improved, but I think that's just down to the personnel . Thorne in front of back 4 and Shackell will obviously help, throw Carson into that as well. We'd have arguably won the league last season if we had them 3 players..

Going to have to be a turn around in attacking play if we want top 2, even play offs. Because now, we're starting to concede goals again.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He has had 30 million to spend....I would be able to get Forest to win the league with 30 million. We should be totally running away with the league and giving him another year if we don't get promoted is madness. 

So what you are saying is you are a proven manager who could get almost any team out the league with 30 million? bet you couldnt....

36 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I blame the fans, trying to judge a bloke 6 months into his first job as a manager/head coach and comparing him to Clough that has had how many years in football management now? No wonder we lost last night.

I'll be honest, a part of me wouldn't be upset if Derby failed because I don't think the majority of the fanbase (based on the cross-section I am exposed to) deserve it. The amount of negativity around when Derby were doing really well was bewildering, and now that's just snowballed ridiculously. I'd find it hard to blame anyone at the club, even though realistically the majority of the blame probably lies with them.

Just now, Inglorius said:

6 months in a job is way enough to ascertain a person's credentials, if this was the real world then Clement would have failed his probation after our abysmal start to the season

Only if you were in charge, and what a dark world that would be.

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

6 months in a job is way enough to ascertain a person's credentials, if this was the real world then Clement would have failed his probation after our abysmal start to the season

Ouch.................

9 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Didn't we lose last night as one of our players didn't realise what goal they were meant to be kicking into and another was practicing their beach volleyball techniques 

I'm just enjoying a spot of fishing 

I don’t think anyone can doubt his coaching credentials, and plenty of big names have vouched for him in that respect. What I don’t see is Clement as an inspirational  leader. When we’re losing his body language on the touch line is terrible.

He’s like the opposite of Stuart Pearce (who was all leadership and no tactics)

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

So what you are saying is you are a proven manager who could get almost any team out the league with 30 million? bet you couldnt....

what I am saying is that anyone at all should be able to get a team out of this poor division with 30 million to spend. anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

Give him 1 full season at least....it's safe to say we won't be relegated so there is no need to panic.  At the end of the season if he hasn't met expectations, we can start to weigh up the options.  He has made mistakes...but it won't take too much, just a couple of good performances and wins for everyone to start feeling optimistic about our promotion chances again. 

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

What? You're saying he should have been sacked after 5 games?. When we were all told that promotion wasn't a requirement this season.

"Sorry Paul but we've got to let you go because, you know, that thing we told you didn't matter too much.....well it turns out it does. A lot. Bye then"

Mel was here the last time we went up before we were ready so I'd hope that the lessons learned there are still ringing nice and loud.

I'm not sure we're anywhere near ready to go up this season. Would our strikers score enough goals? Doubtful, considering we're struggling to put them in in great quantities in this league now. Would our defenders be able to contain Premier League teams? Considering how well we've contained Championship sides in the last month or so, no.

Of course we could go out and spend another shed-load of £££ when we went up but I thought we didn't want to do that, instead, building the nucleus of the team down here, and then adding to it in a few key positions maybe once we were up.

Bottom line, don't think we're ready. I don't think Clement's ready, and I don't think that the squad is ready. What remains to be seen is whether either of them ever will be.

Just now, StaffsRam said:

Mel was here the last time we went up before we were ready so I'd hope that the lessons learned there are still ringing nice and loud.

I'm not sure we're anywhere near ready to go up this season. Would our strikers score enough goals? Doubtful, considering we're struggling to put them in in great quantities in this league now. Would our defenders be able to contain Premier League teams? Considering how well we've contained Championship sides in the last month or so, no.

Of course we could go out and spend another shed-load of £££ when we went up but I thought we didn't want to do that, instead, building the nucleus of the team down here, and then adding to it in a few key positions maybe once we were up.

Bottom line, don't think we're ready. I don't think Clement's ready, and I don't think that the squad is ready. What remains to be seen is whether either of them ever will be.

I don't buy the "we aren't ready" rubbish. The teams that go up are the teams that are ready. Just because we go up doesn't mean we have to be scared, 75% of the teams in the premier league are average at best, look what Leicester and Watfod are doing against them, look what Swansea, Stoke, Southampton etc have done against them recently.

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I don't buy the "we aren't ready" rubbish. The teams that go up are the teams that are ready. Just because we go up doesn't mean we have to be scared, 75% of the teams in the premier league are average at best, look what Leicester and Watfod are doing against them, look what Swansea, Stoke, Southampton etc have done against them recently.

The Leicester team that went up were far better than we are now, and it was a miracle that they survived last season. I don't think we're on the same level as Southampton, Swansea or Stoke when they went up either. I'll give you Watford as I thought they'd come straight back down, but they're the exception rather than the norm. 

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

It doesn't matter what has been said in the past, if we don't get promoted this season then he will be sacked 100% and deservedly so to with the money he has had at his disposal and the squad he already had he should be running away with the league.

I think that Florida sun is getting to you. If we don't get promoted this year he will not be sacked. You are strangely falling into the same panic as some of the intellectually challenged on here who can't see past what has been a fairly short barren spell. Of this £30M you are referring to (although in reality that is just newspaper talk), hasn't he been responsible for 2 players this window because he wanted to add some pace, and 2 midfield players to replace 2 long-term injuries at the end of the last transfer window. Might be wrong but I think the rest of them were before he became the head coach.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

He has had 30 million to spend....I would be able to get Forest to win the league with 30 million. We should be totally running away with the league and giving him another year if we don't get promoted is madness. 

I have to agree, Mr Morris felt we could buy are way to promotion this season. Sadly that's not always the case in this particular league. You need an organised unit week in week out, We seem to have a bunch of very expensive individuals. £25 Million is a ridiculous amount to spend to achieve what we have so far, & I don't think it's does us any favours. I think Mr Morris is use't to instant success in business especially when you throw big money at it, hence his visit to our dressing room after the Reading game perhaps voicing to the players the fact that he wasn't getting the return he expected. Unfortunately football is often very different from business as many other important factors come into play.

If we don't go up this season then Mr Clement will be gone for sure.

5 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I think that Florida sun is getting to you. If we don't get promoted this year he will not be sacked. You are strangely falling into the same panic as some of the intellectually challenged on here who can't see past what has been a fairly short barren spell. Of this £30M you are referring to (although in reality that is just newspaper talk), hasn't he been responsible for 2 players this window because he wanted to add some pace, and 2 midfield players to replace 2 long-term injuries at the end of the last transfer window. Might be wrong but I think the rest of them were before he became the head coach.

Thats a big problem right there, the signings that were made before he got there, Bent, Weimann, Ince, Shackell whilst I would say that Shackell and Ince were decent signings their fees were over inflated and every signing after that has been the same.

It doesn't matter who actually spent the money we have spent a LOT of money and we should be creaming this very very very average league.

and yes the sunshine is getting to me, thanks for caring though..

I like Clement, decent guy and when we had the fans forum he was passionate about statistics and the direction of the club and I am sure he can get this right, the championship is a different beast to what he is used to and i was hoping for a dyche, pearson type manager that is used to getting the best from players in this division, whilst he is our manager i shall give him my full support.

Archived