Keogh

manxramselly

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, toldu said:

Not read through all this so forgive if I am repeating...........

I felt sorry for Keogh last night. He was having real problems with his mask. His face always runs with sweat and it was collecting inside it. Guess it was steaming up too. Saw him take it off to empty it and 'buckets full' ran out. He decided not to wear it in the second half......very brave for someone with a nose broken in 3 places.  He must have felt exposed .

If he wasn't 100% he shouldn't have played ! 

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

or the multiple chances martin had from crosses into the box but was too scared to attack the ball

There was one decent cross (by Camara) late on that I would describe as a chance and maybe the chance where he appeared to be bundled over by Keane.

47 minutes ago, McLovin said:

or the multiple chances martin had from crosses into the box but was too scared to attack the ball

So he had multiple chances but didn't attack the ball, therefor not having any chances at all. 

Cringeworthy hatred. 

I watched Monday's the game but haven't been here to make a comment about Keogh. I'm usually always ready to mock his lack of concentration which leads to ball watching!

But this time (I'm talking about own goal, those kind of penalties just happens) he at least tried to follow his man. He got it horribly wrong, body position was as bad as it could but in the end the goal was very, very unlucky. And at least he wasn't just watching the ball so I can't be too disappointed (well, he didn't watch the ball at all) . Maybe he'll improve after all.

IMO he is good enough to get us promoted, but like Gray showed, he is not up to it against better strikers.

On 1/26/2016 at 11:31, manxramselly said:

Much as I love his galloping forward runs and 100% commitment I think its time we stopped being so nice,every time he gets the ball I'm worried,The man has been a liability for some time now and really is at best a lower league defender.Probably too late now but I think the search for quality partner for Shackell should be our main priority.I know he has his fans but he isn't good enough for the championship,let alone the prem.Shoot me now.:(

I have a colt 45 and a shovel. No one will miss you.

If he's that poor, why was he ranked by his peers as one of the centre backs in team of the year?  And is lauded for the Republic of Ireland, playing a key part in their qualifying push.

He's been player of the season for me, to date, and has formed a great partnership with Shackell.  He has one bad game (whilst playing with a broken nose) and some people are ready to throw him under the bus.

Give me strength... Who do some fans expect we should sign to replace him?

2 hours ago, maydrakin said:

If he's that poor, why was he ranked by his peers as one of the centre backs in team of the year?  And is lauded for the Republic of Ireland, playing a key part in their qualifying push.

He's been player of the season for me, to date, and has formed a great partnership with Shackell.  He has one bad game (whilst playing with a broken nose) and some people are ready to throw him under the bus.

Give me strength... Who do some fans expect we should sign to replace him?

John Terry, I should imagine.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Some of his blocks against £40m players on Friday were quite good.

7 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

But he was also found on his backside after turning his back on the ball again for Rooneys goal.  

Had it been Shackell trying to block Rooney's shot, it would have hit his chest. As it happens, Keogh somehow managed to end up about 2 metres past where he needed to be, and twisting away. 

Some of his blocks and interceptions later in the game were good, but he still ballsed up that one.

Archived