Keogh

manxramselly

Much as I love his galloping forward runs and 100% commitment I think its time we stopped being so nice,every time he gets the ball I'm worried,The man has been a liability for some time now and really is at best a lower league defender.Probably too late now but I think the search for quality partner for Shackell should be our main priority.I know he has his fans but he isn't good enough for the championship,let alone the prem.Shoot me now.:(

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, manxramselly said:

Much as I love his galloping forward runs and 100% commitment I think its time we stopped being so nice,every time he gets the ball I'm worried,The man has been a liability for some time now and really is at best a lower league defender.Probably too late now but I think the search for quality partner for Shackell should be our main priority.I know he has his fans but he isn't good enough for the championship,let alone the prem.Shoot me now.:(

BANG!

Can't say I was a massive Keogh fan, but he's improved leaps and bounds playing along side Shackell, so in the context of this season it was a definite blip for both of them and I don't think you can single out Keogh over Shackell.

though I do think it's a little unforgivable to turn your back when a ball's coming into the box (I can understand why he's not keen on getting hit in the face at the moment though!)

14 minutes ago, manxramselly said:

smh.

The sad thing is that there will have been some sitting there for the last 5 months waiting for him to have a bad game so they could justify crucifying him last season. 

Absolutely no mention of George Thorne turning his back on the cross for the first goal like a pansy, or Shackells significant contributions to 3 of their goals. 

Last night was a definite flashback to last season with Keogh, he lost his head and started charging around again but to hang him out to dry alone is ridiculous.

I'll repeat what I wrote elsewhere. The og got into his head and the eyes went.

Needs the proverbial arm round the shoulder. The og was unfortunate but an accident. As was the pen. Note that he gave that away whilst on his feet which many on here have criticised him for diving off. Thought gray went over a bit easily myself but it was asking for trouble. 

The problem with Keogh is that his mistakes and poor decisions invariably cost a goal.

Whilst he's been calm and collected for 80% of the season, the 20% is the business end and what separates the winners and the also rans.

If you have calm and erratic players, the calm ones should be defensive and the erratic should be attacking, sadly we have it the wrong way around.

Keogh is always one-step away from being a calamitous flapper, and anything or nothing can trigger that. Whether it be diving to the ground or taking his eye off the ball, or not jumping for defensive headers or running towards the ball instead of trusting his team-mate, he frequently makes a bad decision.

I think he got away with it early season as we didn't face much attack, but now teams have sussed us out, Keogh struggles, and trust me, he will get worse and make more mistakes. It's his nature.

As for Shackell, just a show pony.

Recent games Keogh has cost us points:

Brighton, Middlesbrough, Leeds and now Burnley

Wake up and smell the bacon people, he's a massive liability

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

The sad thing is that there will have been some sitting there for the last 5 months waiting for him to have a bad game so they could justify crucifying him last season. 

Absolutely no mention of George Thorne turning his back on the cross for the first goal like a pansy, or Shackells significant contributions to 3 of their goals. 

Last night was a definite flashback to last season with Keogh, he lost his head and started charging around again but to hang him out to dry alone is ridiculous.

I mentioned Thorne doing that in one of the other threads, awful defending by him, he did a similar thing against Forest too this season where he simply couldn't be bothered to chase back he definitely has that side in him (I seem to be the only one that thinks he may not be as amazing as everyone thinks he is by the way) 

Archived