Keogh

manxramselly

Poor guy. He honestly can't do no right.

If you look at the season as a whole so far he's been fantastic. If there was a "most improved" award it would be neck and neck between him and Cyrus. One or two off-games and suddenly he's *****, sell him. Ring up Stevie Mac and see if he's still got that £4mil going spare for him.

Ridiculous. Just get off his back, he ain't nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be on here. It's actually a great sign of him as a man for him to even want to, and seemingly love to play for this club after the way him and his family have been treated by so called fans.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

Recent games Keogh has cost us points:

Brighton, Middlesbrough, Leeds and now Burnley

Wake up and smell the bacon people, he's a massive liability

Not sure how he gets the blame for 3 of them games but that's down to personal opinion.

Now do a quick calculation of the points we have won where he has played well this season and let us know what you come up with.

Or let me guess, he contributes nothing to put good form and was carried by other players...

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure how he gets the blame for 3 of them games but that's down to personal opinion.

Now do a quick calculation of the points we have won where he has played well this season and let us know what you come up with.

Or let me guess, he contributes nothing to put good form and was carried by other players...

When we keep a clean sheet it's all thanks to Shackell. When we concede, it's Keogh's fault. When Shackell looks away and hand balls a cross, it's also Keogh's fault. When that dentist shot the lion, it was because Keogh told him to, or so I've heard.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Poor guy. He honestly can't do no right.

If you look at the season as a whole so far he's been fantastic. If there was a "most improved" award it would be neck and neck between him and Cyrus. One or two off-games and suddenly he's *****, sell him. Ring up Stevie Mac and see if he's still got that £4mil going spare for him.

Ridiculous. Just get off his back, he ain't nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be on here. It's actually a great sign of him as a man for him to even want to, and seemingly love to play for this club after the way him and his family have been treated by so called fans.

It's more alarming how easily/blindly you defend him Kernow. He's the defensive version of Connor Sammon.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

It's more alarming how easily/blindly you defend him Kernow. He's the defensive version of Connor Sammon.

Ridiculous comment Mostyn. He's been as good, if not better, then Shackell this season. Does that make Shackell a defensive version of Sammon on the back of last night's performance too?

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

In your opinion do you think he's been a poor player for us in his time here?

He's going to make mistakes. No player at this level is free from errors or else they wouldn't be here. But he's going to be achieving a top half finish in every season he's had at this club. For what we ultimately paid for him he's been a bargain.

Has he got the quality to go forward and play at a higher level with us? No I don't think so, but we'll address that if and when we get there. For now he's certainly good enough in my opinion.

People have been saying that it was not Paul Clement's fault. There was nothing he could do to stop OG and penalty giveaways.

I disagree. Obviously Keogh was nervous last night. It was like he was afraid of strikers with pace like Gray. Same could be said about Shackell.

Now both are very good, experienced CB. And both faced Gray multiple times. So why so nervous? IMO, it was related, at least in part, to the dressing room incident. Pressure from above could be beneficial; indeed, as we could see last night, the whole team tried very hard to turn things around. But on the other hand, pressure could backfire, especially in critical moments when defending pacey forwards. And well, we saw pressure-induced mistakes. Three times.

But was it something PC could do about? Apart from stopping the owner from interfering (which I doubt he dares to do), he could have drilled Keogh and Shackell before the game. Knowing the type of player Gray was, he could have drilled the pair with defensive scenarios. For example, have them play against someone like Russell and Weimann (both like to make runs). I am sure both would have played much better with this kind of pre-match drills.

And PC had over a week to prepare for this game! So what did he spend time on during the week? Apparently, the whole team has been drilled to put crosses in (Moyes-style).

11 minutes ago, HKRam said:

And well, we saw pressure-induced mistakes. Three times.

But was it something PC could do about? Apart from stopping the owner from interfering (which I doubt he dares to do), he could have drilled Keogh and Shackell before the game. Knowing the type of player Gray was, he could have drilled the pair with defensive scenarios. For example, have them play against someone like Russell and Weimann (both like to make runs). I am sure both would have played much better with this kind of pre-match drills.

So because Keogh slightly mistimed a challenge on Gray, and because Shackell handled the ball whilst near Gray, you reckon that you can conclude that Paul Clement hasn't coached either to be able to face a fast striker? Sorry?

8 minutes ago, HKRam said:

And PC had over a week to prepare for this game! So what did he spend time on during the week? Apparently, the whole team has been drilled to put crosses in (Moyes-style).

Do you actually believe they didn't? To any of that. 

He's an inexperienced Head Coach, not a training ground monkey. Throw Peacock and Phillips in the mix too, hardly rookies. 

4 hours ago, manxramselly said:

Much as I love his galloping forward runs and 100% commitment I think its time we stopped being so nice,every time he gets the ball I'm worried,The man has been a liability for some time now and really is at best a lower league defender.Probably too late now but I think the search for quality partner for Shackell should be our main priority.I know he has his fans but he isn't good enough for the championship,let alone the prem.Shoot me now.:(

WHAT?????

Come off it. the team has leaked one of the fewest goals in the league before our slump.. This is madness and bad luck it will change.

Archived