Keogh

manxramselly

Oh my god some clowns on here, the reason Keogh and Shackell forgot how to defend was because PC didn't drill it into them in training! There not at under 10s level. But I'm sure if clement had worked on defending for the whole week up to the game they wouldn't have forgotten how to defend.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What amuses me more than anything is that almost all the Keogh boo boys still maintain a massive raging stiffy for Shackell even though he was just as culpable, if not more so, for the poor defending last night and in recent games.

Just now, Anon said:

What amuses me more than anything is that almost all the Keogh boo boys still maintain a massive raging stiffy for Shackell even though he was just as culpable, if not more so, for the poor defending last night and in recent games.

Shackell was atrocious last night completely affected by the "occasion" which is pathetic if you are bothered by going to play Burnley for goodness sake. He was at fault, along with Thorne and Keogh for the goals. All individual errors costing us the game. 

After they've both spent 20 years playing football and probably 10 years+ as defenders they forgot you can't handball it and how to tackle? 

And Paul Clement doesn't know how to coach? I think he might know a bit. His CV suggests he knows what he's doing. 

I don't imagine he's spent the week having them practice their dance moves. At the same time he probably didn't ask Thorne to jump in the air for no good reason, Keogh to head it in his own goal, Shackell to handball it. Probably didn't work on deflections either.

Do you think Dyche had Keane practicing tackling and showed him how to head the ball with his forehead? 

Reckon they might be past that level, you know?

Like I wouldn't expect to have to tell a 16 year old how to kick a ball. And these blokes are playing in the second tier of English football. That's pretty high.

It seems to me Keogh plays well when he can rely on the other defenders to do their jobs and not have to worry about them. Last night he felt couldn't and put I his worst performance of the season. To me it's no coincidence it was also Shackell's worse performance and Christie wasn't great either...

In the run in last season he didn't have a settled central defence partner and Christie was having his own crisis plus as captain he probably felt he had to split his focus between his own game and looking after the other 10 players..

10 minutes ago, Dai Capp said:

It seems to me Keogh plays well when he can rely on the other defenders to do their jobs and not have to worry about them. Last night he felt couldn't and put I his worst performance of the season. To me it's no coincidence it was also Shackell's worse performance and Christie wasn't great either...

In the run in last season he didn't have a settled central defence partner and Christie was having his own crisis plus as captain he probably felt he had to split his focus between his own game and looking after the other 10 players..

Don't think Christie had a bad game defensively, tbh can't remember Arfield or Boyd getting the better of him.

Keogh has had a great season to be honest along with Shackel have probably been our best players. Last night came up against one of the best strikers in the league, there are more of this type in the prem.

But only one or two in this division so should get back to their usual game from now on. I have no worries with them two this season. We have more pressing balance issues in front of them to sort out.

They were poor because Andre gray made them look like that they couldn't handle his pace and running at them. something what we are lacking very much of instead of playing to martins feet all the time and he either falls or gives it away!!

7 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

They were poor because Andre gray made them look like that they couldn't handle his pace and running at them. something what we are lacking very much of instead of playing to martins feet all the time and he either falls or gives it away!!

Agreed, if we had andre gray instead of martin then we'd walk this league

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Don't think Christie had a bad game defensively, tbh can't remember Arfield or Boyd getting the better of him.

Definitely don't disagree - I just felt he seemed a little less decisive last night than normal but then IIRC all the goals originated down Derby's left so maybe it was just a full set of back 4 jitters...

I'm a Derby fan. I want what's best for the club. I am sure that means preventing opponents scoring in our net. I have zero confidence in this man and have had since Wembley. My heart sinks every time I see him run out and am getting used to him rolling his eyes or giving that hang dog look every time we pick the ball out of the net.  He's already a marked man in defence but from now on he will be crucified by any centerforward with any pace or skill.  He's blown it.

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I didn't go to the Birmingham game, so you will have to forgive my ignorance, but he's probably been our best player this season.

One highlighted game on Sky and he's back to being a liability? Nope. 

it's the importance of the game though, you need to acknowledge that WHEN it COUNTS, he buckles.

Not read through all this so forgive if I am repeating...........

I felt sorry for Keogh last night. He was having real problems with his mask. His face always runs with sweat and it was collecting inside it. Guess it was steaming up too. Saw him take it off to empty it and 'buckets full' ran out. He decided not to wear it in the second half......very brave for someone with a nose broken in 3 places.  He must have felt exposed .

Archived