Mel is not happy (Alan Nixon rumour warning!)

Cam the Ram

he might own the club but he certainly should not be going in dressing room ranting and raving , its been poor recently but that's down to manager mistakes, these being resting players against leeds , not accepting a point at boro and not changing the system against reading when the midfield  was getting overrun , but these things will  happen when hes so inexperienced so just have to get the heads up thrash Birmingham and burnley and take care of man u in the cup and all will be rosy in the garden again

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

@Alpha has it spot on.

The other thing I would add - it is very naïve of Morris not to think his actions would make their way out into the press. Just about everything does in the end. Therefore, the only talk in the media (and subsequently the fans) would be about him.

Its just bad management from the owner for me.

Let Clement who he has to trust 100% do the management of the players. Let Mel Morris talk to Paul Clement (Although reporting lines probably mean Clement reports into Rush) but no issue with Morris talking to Clement behind closed doors with Rush in the room.

Mel can tell him there it wasn't acceptable. Mel can tell him there that Dubai trip is off. However what I think he has done, what has been reported has been done. Its shocking.

Its all about Mel at this football club IMO. We laugh at Fawaz or Cellino and they are complete idiots, but Mel, do yourself a favour - stay quiet, stay in the background, and make the little soft touches. That's how you become a legend in my eyes. (Gibson at Middlesborough, Hayward at Blackburn, Jenkins at Swansea, all good owners who only come out into the media limelight when they need to change a manager).

This.

Morris clearly wants the best for the club and he's put his money where his mouth is, so fair play to him. But he also wants to be the centre of attention and that's something I hate in an owner.

6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

This.

Morris clearly wants the best for the club and he's put his money where his mouth is, so fair play to him. But he also wants to be the centre of attention and that's something I hate in an owner.

That's a bit of a leap. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

That's a bit of a leap. 

Is it? For example, why is he at every player unveiling? His presence is unnecesary, there's no need for him to be there. I think he likes the attention. It's not something that I would want but I do get it. That example is rather trivial and more of an annoyance but going into the dressing room is far worse for me. Owners shouldn't get involved in any footballing matters, it never ends well.

3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Is it? For example, why is he at every player unveiling? His presence is unnecesary, there's no need for him to be there. I think he likes the attention. It's not something that I would want but I do get it. That example is rather trivial and more of an annoyance but going into the dressing room is far worse for me. Owners shouldn't get involved in any footballing matters, it never ends well.

not forgetting that Mel is also a fan.

36 minutes ago, valleyram said:

he might own the club but he certainly should not be going in dressing room ranting and raving , its been poor recently but that's down to manager mistakes, these being resting players against leeds , not accepting a point at boro and not changing the system against reading when the midfield  was getting overrun , but these things will  happen when hes so inexperienced so just have to get the heads up thrash Birmingham and burnley and take care of man u in the cup and all will be rosy in the garden again

So Clement comes out and says Mel had a few words but didn't rant, Grant says Mel had every right to say what he did and still no mention of a rant, and the only person saying he has had a rant was that ***** Nixon and you choose to go with his version.

4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He is, and that was actually one of my biggest worries when he took over. As we can see on here, Derby fans aren't exactly rational. 

Speak for your ******* self you ******* ******, I am always ******* calm and ******* rational you ******* ****.

48 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

This.

Arrested Development fan?

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Huge fan. Finally decided to sign up here and my list of possible usernames were all AD related.

I'm half-disappointed, as I was hoping that there was a real Bob Loblaw in existence somewhere in Derbyshire. 

Great choice though.

Aren't Derby fans great eh?

the chairman pops in the dressing room after games. Big deal. 

A chairman who's already put in £100m and is putting even more of his own money into the training ground. He desperately wants us to go up. Yet some ****-stirring journalist says he's had a few words and everyone goes into meltdown. Do you not think he's got the best interests of the club at heart, or that he'd risk everything they've worked for?

We have some really crap supporters, two draws and a defeat and we're slagging everybody off, go a goal behind, or even let in an equaliser and we go silent. Our centre forward who's scored 50 in two seasons has a bad patch and we slag him off and call for his head. Abusing the Captain's Mrs last season because of a few defeats. 

God knows what the atmospheres going to be like tomorrow if we don't beat Brum. 

8 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

I personally think Mr Nixon's posts should be disregarded and would hate to see this escalated to the stevie mac levels, these hacks are cretins and are fuelled by gossip and totally disregard fact.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been confirmed from other sources that he was in the dressing room and not happy? 

It doesn't matter if he was 'ranting and raving' or whatever, I don't think he should be there at all.

13 minutes ago, curb said:

Aren't Derby fans great eh?

In all honesty are we different to any other set of supporters?

It has been touched on a couple of times before that we do suffer with some "glory fans" who throw their toys out the pram as soon as we/a certain player hits a sticky patch however i think the majority are level headed and understand that by tomorrow night this whole mucky affair will be all forgotten about as we get 3 points and Boro drop 2... Hopefully

11 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been confirmed from other sources that he was in the dressing room and not happy? 

It doesn't matter if he was 'ranting and raving' or whatever, I don't think he should be there at all.

doesn't matter if he was or wasn't hacks are motivated by ******** that is spread amongst forums, I for one shall not be feeding trolls, he owns the club and he can run around at half time naked if it floats his boat :)

Archived