Tom Huddlestone

RedSox

24 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

The school of thought is that a premier league player who is a regular for his side would never drop down a league.

However there are a few examples.

Kevin Nolan 

Stewart Downing

Matt Ritchie

That said, there has been a love affair with ourselves as Derby fans and certain players who left and we were desperate for their return.

Mainly players who truly cut their cut at our club.

Big Tom being one but I also recall the clamour to bring Chris Riggott home.

Personally I would love to see Huddleston moving around the pride park pitch in the glorious black and white of Derby County.

Rams for life 

I do think he's gone backwards, for a few seasons at Spurs he looked great. Since he's been at Hull he just looks cumbersome ambling round the pitch looking for 50 yard balls. I cant remember the last time I saw him and he looked fit, always loos 60-70% fit.  

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope there's nothing in this - we spent seasons trying to work out his best position (without success) - he's since moved on and several other managers have not managed to find a permanent position for him - plus he's far too slow and lacking in energy for the type of game we're trying to play....

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can't agree. Who would he play instead of btw.

Don't think he would fit our system at all, mayber if we played with 2 CDM's then he could slot in there but nowhere near mobile enough to play in the 2 infront of the CDM and don't think he would be an improvement on what we have in CDM, plus his wages would be steep.

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I do think he's gone backwards, for a few seasons at Spurs he looked great. Since he's been at Hull he just looks cumbersome ambling round the pitch looking for 50 yard balls. I cant remember the last time I saw him and he looked fit, always loos 60-70% fit.  

Possibly due to the quality of training he gets put through plus how he is asked to play.

But athleticism was never his biggest asset.

Touch and vision are. 

Good point all the same buddy 

To be fair, Jordan Mutch makes a lot of sense. 

Barely ever seen at Palace, attacking midfielder, championship experience/success and he's from bloody Alvaston. He's been really unlucky with his moves to QPR and Palace, there's still a talent there and he's got a lot of experience for a 25 year old. He's reaching the stage in his career where he needs to play games and settle at a club.

I could definitely see it happening.

9 minutes ago, 86 points said:

OK, so we have De Sart now but are you seriously saying Johnson has not been good in that position? Seriously!

Sometimes think you hate the entire squad mate....

He's just a troll - and a piss-poor one at that, despite the post you quoted being a year old.

10 minutes ago, 86 points said:

OK, so we have De Sart now but are you seriously saying Johnson has not been good in that position? Seriously!

I'd take a look at the date that was posted before making a judgement...

10 minutes ago, 86 points said:

5 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

tbf that was a year ago 

The curse of 2016 mate... Now even after it ended it's killing your reputation...

3 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

To be fair, Jordan Mutch makes a lot of sense. 

Barely ever seen at Palace, attacking midfielder, championship experience/success and he's from bloody Alvaston. He's been really unlucky with his moves to QPR and Palace, there's still a talent there and he's got a lot of experience for a 25 year old. He's reaching the stage in his career where he needs to play games and settle at a club.

I could definitely see it happening.

I'm having second thoughts now...

10 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I'm having second thoughts now...

Don't disrespect Alvaston. Come down 'ere and you get merked, bruv 

Alvo boys were are here

Stood outside Co Op drinking beer

When you get to Blue Peter roundabout 

Watch me in my Corsa spinning around

Go past Tesco watch your back

I've stolen a trolley and I ain't givin' it back

Archived