Derby v Reading

Boycie

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kernow said:

So does the last dozen games make Martin a less than decent striker?

Some people have very short memories...

He has scored one goal in the last 12 games and that was a penalty. We used to give him the benefit of the doubt when he did go on goal scoring droughts before because his first touch and link up play was decent. Even that is God damn awful now. While we are on the topic on nostalgia, Falcao used to be the best striker in the world, doesn't mean that I want him now.

I agree with all the comments about Martin but he has been on runs like this before. Then suddenly he gets a goal and he's good as new.

It's frustrating to watch his antics when there are no goals to compensate. Thing is, he suffers more than most when our build up play is so slow. He needs the ball pinged into his feet with runners either side so he can play the first time pass.We just aren't doing that for some reason.

I just think that having two luxury players (usually Ince and Russell) makes the midfield nervous about gambling on forward runs. They play it simple and slow and hold their position. That makes us predictable and easy to play against.

Just play on your heels lads. 

For a minute we looked in danger of waking up but there was always somebody to make sure concentration didn't get a grip of us.

Ok so they pressed high and made playing out from the back hard. But they were so open at their back I thought any decent exchange would create quality chances.

Unfortunately we telegraphed every pass, used 3 touches where 1 would do. And the idea of a give and go was eradicated from our game by the second half. 

Defensively I thought Ince was abysmal. Left the two behind him to get 3v2. 

Warnock still has nothing to aim for when getting the ball. 

It was just crap. Sloppy, dumb crap. I've seen sharper spoons. 

They left so much space in their quest to press high. We used it, had success with it and then couldn't even reach it in the second half.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

No Martin is a great striker just think hes got a little too comfy. A stint on the bench hopefully will give him the shake he needs. The few times he has been benched was to give him a rest so doubt it bothered him. Needs dropping for his ***** performances then have to earn his way back in.

We all know what hes capable of.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Clement's first real test is to get us out of this bad patch before it becomes a slump or turns terminal like last year.

Speculation:

Martin not happy because he's been found out.

the two new forwards have put the nose of any combination of martin/ince/russell/weimann out of joint

Clement wantsto get Bryson back in which has deflated some of the midfielders

Grant spends the whole match saying "oh no i'm going to duck it up" to the centre halves

i don't know.....

perhaps some are on the quiet, being offered around to be sold?

I would have thought Ince would have been happy today as he got the central position he wants!

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Is there room for loyalty at this point or do we play players based on current performance?

Dire tonight and it was nothing to do with resting players at h/pool. I thought our Fulham performance was poor, although we got the pints that day we did not look convincing. Boro looked far to good against  us and Reading made us look an average championship side, we lacked any creativity,  just no quality tonight.

With the money we have spent and the players we have got the performances should be so much better?

Why does PC leave so long to make changing, we never looked like winning the game, so why not change it earlier.

I would like to see a new front 3 for Saturday

Camara.   Blackman.     Ince 

Playing a front 3 

Forget Martin and Russell.

Archived