Derby v Reading

Boycie

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't think we have to do anything over the next 2 games. What we need to do is over the remaining half of the season match or better the point tallies of all the teams below us and/or better Boro's tally by 5/8 points (ignoring potential GD swings). 

If we don't win the Reading/Birmingham games we could find ourselves going to Burnley playing a must win game, this is because Hull have got Cardiff and Charlton at home this week.

We cannot afford to be dropping home points, win both home games this week and hope Hull drop points.

I don't want to give up no 2 position in the league.............let Hull do all the chasing.

Just now, toddy said:

If we don't win the Reading/Birmingham games we could find ourselves going to Burnley playing a must win game, this is because Hull have got Cardiff and Charlton at home this week.

We cannot afford to be dropping home points, wins both home games this week and hope Hull drop points.

I don't want to give up no 2 position in the league, let Hull do all the chasing.

Regardless of who's doing the chasing after these two games, my point still stands.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Regardless of who's doing the chasing after these two games, my point still stands.

Boro are a done deal for me, they are the best in the division and that was before we gave up the point there.

Us, Hull and possibly Burnley fighting for 2nd spot.

Back to back home game. 

Need to win them both in my opinion. If you want automatic promotion, getting back to back home games like this are must wins. 

Win both of these and we will go to Burnley knowing a point will be a good return. Lose one of these then we need to go to Burnley and win.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

We cannot afford to be dropping home points, win both home games this week and hope Hull drop points.

I don't want to give up no 2 position in the league.............let Hull do all the chasing.

So you do want give up 2 position?

36 minutes ago, robglosta said:

So you do want give up 2 position?

I don't want to give up no.2 position in the league.

If Boro win that game in hand with Blackburn they will probably gone on to win it, 7 pts is a lot for them to drop.

33 minutes ago, daib0 said:

Here goes, as I mentioned last page or so, you'll probably not find a larger presentation than this one on 'Royals Rendezvous' - http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10404418/1 

I've just given the forum the highest recommendation too ... :thumbsup:

Any questions for us, just get back ... 

Thanks Daib. I looked at page linked - where do I find the open section to make a guest post. There didn't appear to be an obvious link in the menu.

Cheers mate.

Hants.

This is the first game in a while where I just can't be bothered to predict a team; I really don't mind who gets the nod. 

Grant

Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Warnock

Johnson

Butterfield, Hendrick

Ince                        Martin                   Camara

not sure what team I'd put out and I bet PC is still deciding. I'd like to see us with some real width as an alternative to  using supporting wingbacks. Really want to see Razza dancing down the left and would like to Ince having another crack at the free role behind Martin or Bent. But you know what .. We have talent in all areas of the pitch and squad which makes for enjoyment regardless of the set up. Really looking forward to a frosty night time game and some goals. 

I kind of hope a 4-2-3-1 gets a go in the absence of thorne:

Butters/Johnson

Russell           Ince               Razza

Martin

If it's not working can revert back to the 4-3-3 by swapping one attacker off for Hendrick.

I think we have enough to succeed without Thorne these days which is good for obvious reasons. 

I'd fancy Bent to get on after his goal and be lively.

Blackman if he doesn't start will for sure get on as a sub.

2 hours ago, daib0 said:

Here goes, as I mentioned last page or so, you'll probably not find a larger presentation than this one on 'Royals Rendezvous' - http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10404418/1 

I've just given the forum the highest recommendation too ... :thumbsup:

Any questions for us, just get back ... 

Hi daib0, it would be ideal to have a regular poster from each team in the league and the reading job is yours if you want it, mate. Any key players unlikely to make the starting eleven. What about giving us a decent match report of the game tomorrow, mate.

Rams 2 - 0 Royals

Martin fgs, Camara 

Grant

Christie-Keogh-Shackell-Warnock

Thorne/Johnson-Butterfield

Ince

Russell-Martin-Camara

The one thing Martin has lacked recently is service, I've noticed he has barely had any chances in any of the games I've watched (which is most of them) and think Camara, although a bit of an unknown quantity at this stage, might be able to feed Martin a few more balls in the area. COYR!

MASSIVE game tonight.After FA cup week end,and all Man Utd banter,we desperately need the win tonight, having taken only 1 point out of the last 6.Think Weimman will be the unlucky one tonight to drop out....

Grant

Christie.            Keogh.                         Shackell.          Warnock

Johnson

Hendrick.                            Butterfield

Blackman.                  Martin (C).              Ince

Subs..Mitchell, Pearce,Baird,Bryson, Russell, Camara,Bent

Archived