Derby v Reading

Boycie

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frustrating performance. Moved the ball so slowly it was painful. 3 touches before any decision was made and by then way way way too late for anything creative to happen. reading were fluent hungry and quick.,They passed the ball round us. We really did look like donkeys at times. When we were in the final 3rd there were gaping gaps on the edge of the box as a result of their high line but we never filled them so even when we got on the flanks there was no one to receive the ball in the centre of the field. JR was 10% slower than usual and 10% worse at keeping the ball which means he was seriously off it. Johnson couldn't control the ball to save his life despite charging around. Butterfield can pass but he was too deep to offer anything to the attack. Ince and Warnock get some credit for effort. Grant Shacks and Keogh put in shifts but midfield to attack was pedestrian and we were lucky to get a point. Razza can drop a shoulder and beat a man so IMO he needs to start. We need a midfield strategy that plays to the strengths of the talent we have and I didn't see any of that tonight.

Right .. Now let's stuff Brum and start smiling again 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You're making out like we are second all because of Martin.

Well he has a lot to do with it, just like you are saying that we only drew today because he was poor.  Martin on form is unplayable and the team plays better as a result of this.  Problem is that out of form we won't be 2nd for long, hopefully he will return to form quickly.

Check out this match report from BBC, spot the error on the last sentence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Derby County lost ground on Championship leaders Middlesbrough as they drew with Reading.

Jason Shackell gave the hosts the lead as he lost his marker to turn in Tom Ince's corner from close range.

Reading had an appeal for a penalty denied after Matej Vydra claimed he was tripped by Shackell, before Danny Williams headed in the equaliser.

Hal Robson-Kanu had a shot turned onto the post as the Royals pushed for a winner, but Derby held on for a point.

The Rams are now six points behind Boro at the top of the table having played one game more, with the Teessiders winning at Brentford.

Vydra volleyed over from Garath McCleary's ball shortly after kick-off, and Shackell punished Brian McDermott's side for their inability to turn early possession into a goal when he fired high past Ali Al-Habsi.

The trailing Royals continued to push forward, and they were eventually rewarded as Williams headed in from Robson-Kanu's floated cross.

McCleary forced Lee Grant into a sharp save early in the second half with a powerful shot, while Al-Habsi denied Nick Blackman his first Rams goal.

Camp was called into action again to push Robson-Kanu's fiercely hit effort on to the post, while Vydra and Reading team-mate Oliver Norwood both missed the target with late free-kicks.

I dont get this 'Martin is a good player' stuff. Yes he is, anyone can see he's a solid championship centre forward. But he's not doing it at the moment and he has been off his game for a few months. If we want promotion then I'm sorry but - no passengers! 

8 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Check out this match report from BBC, spot the error on the last sentence.

Camp was called into action again to push Robson-Kanu's fiercely hit effort on to the post, while Vydra and Reading team-mate Oliver Norwood both missed the target with late free-kicks.

Camp? What fookin year is it?

We were running back to the Fireplace Center carpark and this huge great wheal came bouncing down the middle of the road from the IPRO.   Aye up thinks me, I've seen one of those before.  Paul and me dont know where its all going wrong.  Its difficult to say when the entire team was so poor.  Lucky to get away with a point.  All will become clear on Saturday. I've got a ringside seat.

On 10 January 2016 at 09:34, Boycie said:

Tuesday night.

7.45pm

I'm on a roll me.  Can I make it two wins?

whats the record Matchday thread starts by the way?

Clem will surely start Blackman no?  Not sure if he will start Razza.

guess we'll have to wait and see?

come on you Rams.

Boycie.......you're fired.

14 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Will come back tomorrow when the hysterics have died down but will just say best interview by a manager since a certain Brian Clough did not mince his words.

Pity he didn't revert to 433 when 4231 blatantly wasn't working and you could have parked an oil tanker in the gap between the front four and midfield! 

Hopefully tonight was just a blip, but that was truly woeful.

I usually try to stay positive and look for the positives in a performance even if we have been below par , but tonight if didn't look right from the start ! The shape didn't look natural ! Butterfield and johnson just aren't holding midfield players and that really showed tonight , the other main problem was the Martin Ince combo , they were just on waaaaaay different wave lengths tonight and yes have to agree Martin was awful tonight , frustrating,  head down and a silly booking but in his defence the shape really didn't suit him , anyway onwards and upwards and bring on brum Saturday 

COYR 

30 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

How easy was it for them to get through? Why wasn't a changed made inside the first 30 minutes to bring an extra man in midfield to stop it? I don't get it. 

It was clear to see what the problem was tonight, hopefully Clement can sort it for Saturday. Disappointed he didn't make the change throughout the game. 

This

5 minutes ago, Mountain Ram said:

Pity he didn't revert to 433 when 4231 blatantly wasn't working and you could have parked an oil tanker in the gap between the front four and midfield! 

Hopefully tonight was just a blip, but that was truly woeful.

And this.

Archived