Derby v Reading

Boycie

Tuesday night.

7.45pm

I'm on a roll me.  Can I make it two wins?

whats the record Matchday thread starts by the way?

Clem will surely start Blackman no?  Not sure if he will start Razza.

guess we'll have to wait and see?

come on you Rams.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would go usual back 5 with Johnson, Ince, Butters, Blackman, Martin and Russell in the 4-1-2-3. Feel sure this would be more than enough. Trickier still will be who is on the bench. Maybe need to get on to the FA to increase it to 10. Expect it to be Mitchell, Shotton, Baird, Jeff, Weimann, Bent and Camara. That leaves Bryson, Bucko, Hanson and Pearce out the squad altogether which shows how much depth we have. Probably a good thing if we go on a cup run so we can keep the fringe players match fit.

I was going to this, nice trip up on the train from Bournemouth then to my daughter's in Loughborough after the game. Then I discovered that the last train back to Loughborough is at 9.38!! At my speed of walking I'd have to miss half the second half.

Just thought, is there anyone driving back to Loughborough after the game who would give me a lift, please?

The times of last  trains now are just ridiculous .. Killing off midweek games for those who have to travel. Even the last train to London is at 9.30 or something ridiculous...

29 minutes ago, archram said:

I was going to this, nice trip up on the train from Bournemouth then to my daughter's in Loughborough after the game. Then I discovered that the last train back to Loughborough is at 9.38!! At my speed of walking I'd have to miss half the second half.

Just thought, is there anyone driving back to Loughborough after the game who would give me a lift, please?

I've started a thread, hopefully we can get you sort m'lady.

1 hour ago, archram said:

Do you have twitter? Ask on there. Im sure someone will be going to Loughborough. 

I rate Hector very highly. I told Simmo to sign him last season. Eventually Chelsea got him as long term replacement for Terry and co. Shows how much progress that we have made under Mel...what a guy! We could have snapped him up and nobody would be surprised.

Readiing the article in the Daily Mail, is this largely true. 

Mel bought 20% of shares two days before Play Off Final for £15 million (value of club at compromise £75 million, because £50 mill as Championship side and £100 mill as Prem side). So he paid £5 mill over because of Zamora.

He then got the other 80% for about £40 million (if club was still valued at £50 million). So up to £55 million spent.

£12 million for latest improvements to Academy so becomes £67 million

Academy improvements last year for £10 million? So £77 million spent

Players brought in for £25 million

Total approx £102 million

Mel...what a guy!

If we get promotion this season, a windfall of £160 -180 million coming his way? Mel...What a great guy!

Not sure how accurate these figures are, They are simply my best guess from what i made of the Daily Mail article. It does say that the bill is apparently now just over £100 million..

In the next fourteen games, we only have Burnley away out of the top five teams. Brighton have three points out of 18 and an FA Cup defeat. In the last seven games we have Hull at home and Brighton away, so only only Hull at home can realistically be regarded as a top five fixture. In short, Burnley away in three games time and Hull at home in the last seven games is the only influence that our rivals can have directly upon us. In short, we will have no one else to blame other than ourselves. 21 games to go. Top early priority is not to let Burnley get back at us.

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

A mate told me both their centre backs, Mcshane and Hector, are out for the game against us. Should make it a lot easier for Blackman to bag his hat trick then. :whistle:

Could do with McShane playing to be honest - he's crap!

17 minutes ago, Rampage said:

In the next fourteen games, we only have Burnley away out of the top five teams. Brighton have three points out of 18 and an FA Cup defeat. In the last seven games we have Hull at home and Brighton away, so only only Hull at home can realistically be regarded as a top five fixture. In short, Burnley away in three games time and Hull at home in the last seven games is the only influence that our rivals can have directly upon us. In short, we will have no one else to blame other than ourselves. 21 games to go. Top early priority is not to let Burnley get back at us.

Already said this a few weeks ago:)

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

A mate told me both their centre backs, Mcshane and Hector, are out for the game against us. Should make it a lot easier for Blackman to bag his hat trick then. :whistle:

Why are they out for this game?

4 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Why are they out for this game?

Not sure why they are out, but they apparently are. This tweet is from the BBC reporter that covers Reading.

Then there's also this tweet from a "getreading" reporter who does have more followers, but getreading did report that we're paying at least £4mil for Blackman which I really can't see...

Archived