Middlesbrough v Derby County

Day

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Holgate86mfc said:

Speaking of seeing opposition players and building your own little picture of them, that leads me onto Keogh. Is it just me or is he a complete whinging get? he seems to run the length of the pitch to the referee on any decision? Might be just me to be fair

Not too sure I've not noticed that but the impression I get of him is of a man who has a nervous breakdown everyone he takes the field. He's a right stressed Eric.

Having a great season though. Quality with the ball at his feet.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Same, if it weren't  for injuries Thorne would be knocking on the Engand door right now. Especially if you see the likes of Dele Alli playing for England(who I think is a brilliant player btw)

He's pretty inexperienced for his age too with the injuries limiting his playing time.

Or maybe I'm unfairly comparing him to Will Hughes who has a stupid amount of experience for his age.

I think there's more to come from Thorne than what we've seen this season. He took a bit of time getting back to his best after his last ACL I think? - I don't think Watford were blown away by him. Still not quite the player he was during his loan spell for me. Maybe I'm talking rubbish though and other teams are better at stopping him now.

1 minute ago, StringerBell said:

Not too sure I've not noticed that but the impression I get of him is of a man who has a nervous breakdown everyone he takes the field. He's a right stressed Eric.

Having a great season though. Quality with the ball at his feet.

Yeah does look a complete stress head like.

Well only a few more days to go till the match, if any of you boys can't make it, it's on foreign TV so you will be able to get a good stream if you use Kodi and such like

One other thing, your manager PC, comes across so well in interviews. You would think he's been managing teams forever. Bit like AK I think, most certainly in how they like the game played, which would appear very different to Real Madrid and it's where they both came from.

34 minutes ago, Holgate86mfc said:

Do you mind if I give a combined team? Well here goes....

Carson

Nsue Ayala Shackell Friend

Clayton Thorne

Adomah Downing Ince

Martin

I would say that's fair :)

Yeah that's pretty fair. I would personally put Christie in over Nsue but that's purely because I've seen a lot more than him. Not too keen on Adomah but we don't really have another stand out winger. In our formation I'd go with (ruling out Hughes who is injured)

Carson

Christie Ayala Shackell Friend

Thorne

Clayton Johnson/Butterfield (can't decide

Downing Martin Ince

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

If you could have one Boro player to join us who would it be?

Would have to be Friend. Of all their players I feel he would be the one who would be the biggest upgrade. Other than that each position ain't much in it.

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Yeah that's pretty fair. I would personally put Christie in over Nsue but that's purely because I've seen a lot more than him. Not too keen on Adomah but we don't really have another stand out winger. In our formation I'd go with (ruling out Hughes who is injured)

Carson

Thorne

Downing Martin Ince

Would have to be Friend. Of all their players I feel he would be the one who would be the biggest upgrade. Other than that each position ain't much in it.

Exactly that, there isn't much in it that's why I think we both will end up with 95+ points. We have played all the top 7 away (apart from Burnley). Second half of the season is much easier now, well it should be anyway. And we have only conceded 2 goals at home this season and 7 in the whole of 2015 (ridiculous). So hardly anyone will get any change at the Riverside, likewise with you, brilliant on the road and don't concede (last night being a bit of an exception)

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Carson

Thorne

Downing Martin Ince

If you watch the game on Saturday then you may change your mind...Clayton has been immense for us this season...I really can't think of a single game he hasn't been the best Boro player on the pitch, he has a great engine and work ethic and just has that knack of being in the right place at the right time.

On our forum there is a feeling from some fans that offers might come in for Clayton in January...that said unless it was really silly money he won't be sold...after Clayton it's Ayala and friend in that order.

1 minute ago, fridge said:

If you watch the game on Saturday then you may change your mind...Clayton has been immense for us this season...I really can't think of a single game he hasn't been the best Boro player on the pitch, he has a great engine and work ethic and just has that knack of being in the right place at the right time.

On our forum there is a feeling from some fans that offers might come in for Clayton in January...that said unless it was really silly money he won't be sold...after Clayton it's Ayala and friend in that order.

I base my decision of Friend as he plays LB which many would argue would be the weakest position we currently have, especially with Forsyth injured for the rest of the season. Plus Friend is the best LB in this league in my opinion.

He may not be your best player in terms of quality but I think he would add the most to our current crop.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

I base my decision of Friend as he plays LB which many would argue would be the weakest position we currently have, especially with Forsyth injured for the rest of the season. Plus Friend is the best LB in this league in my opinion.

He may not be your best player in terms of quality but I think he would add the most to our current crop.

Yeah fair point...don't know which way this game is going to go but I really hope we both get promoted either way.

11 hours ago, fridge said:

Boro season ticket holder, well this is the biggest game in our recent league history, last season we really let ourselves down in this sort of fixture 1st v 2nd and I don't see this as anything but a real physical battle, the truth is the team's are to closely matched to call a winner and there most be every likelihood of a draw.

We  have had disappointment piled on disappointment for the last few years and I really believe that you have too, but both teams look much stronger this season so hopefully the premiership awaits.

I think more than any other team in the championship you know and feel the desperation of just falling short , so regardless of the result I really hope we both make the prem come the end of the season and with any luck brighton too, good luck guys.

well said fridge. of course i'd like us to nick a win to see if we can make the top 2 duel a bit more interesting as otherwise i fear you may pull away, what with your game in hand and all. Can't argue though that Boro have built well and Steve Gibson is one of the most likeable chairmen about.

But really what I hope most is that we actually turn up at yours as we have so significantly underwhelmed there recently.

If we match up to Boro how about:

..................................grant...........................

christie..........keogh.............shackles.....warnock

....................Thorne..........Johnson....................

Russell.......................Ince.................Butterfield 

..................................Martin...............................

43 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Defo best 2 sides in the division that barring a disaster will both go up. Nothing against Boro but i do find it incredulous that their ground is always half empty. I know times are tough at the moment but shouldnt the club be doing more to get bums-on-seats at discounted rates.

Two best sides in division=agree

MFC should be doing more to put bums on seats=agree

A little unfair to say the ground is always half empty, we have averaged over 22000 this year

A lot lower than Derby granted, but your catchment area is a hell of a lot bigger than Middlesbroughs

Somewhere in the region of 5x going by population

So to be only averaging 5-6000 less is pretty good, considering the massive job losses in the area too

2 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

Two best sides in division=agree

MFC should be doing more to put bums on seats=agree

A little unfair to say the ground is always half empty, we have averaged over 22000 this year

A lot lower than Derby granted, but your catchment area is a hell of a lot bigger than Middlesbroughs

Somewhere in the region of 5x going by population

So to be only averaging 5-6000 less is pretty good, considering the massive job losses in the area too

Ignore anyone that takes a dig at your attendances. It's such a ridiculous mentality among English fans it really is pointless and quite frankly sad.

I mean, give me Villarreal's team and 15k fans over Newcastle's team and 50k fans anyday of the week. Who actually cares how many fans each team has. The only important aspect is what happens on the pitch.

You don't hear anyone boast how England has a bigger population than Spain and Argentina (yet be lightyears behind them on the pitch) so why does individual clubs matter?

I doubt Bayern give two hoots that Dortmund get an extra 15k in their stadium every other week when they're winning the Bundesliga every season and signing all the best players...

The only thing that really matters is what happens on the pitch. And so far Boro and Derby look in great shape to go up, long may that continue. 

Nothing against Burnley or Hull, but they've had a recent stint in the PL. Boro, Derby and Brighton/Ipswich would be something fresh and a welcome change. Hopefully it happens.

Not really a pop at the fans more a criticism of the Boro hierarchy for not doing more as job losses in the steel industry have been huge . If attendances are now in the twenty-somethings that is good and i eat humble pie. I do recall reading that the Rams have the highest av attendance per catchment area in the country so that goes to show what good/ successful football + well managed and customer focussed leadership results in. Sam Rush deserves a Knighthood for what he has managed during his tenure. Other clubs should take a leaf out of his book. 

45 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Not really a pop at the fans more a criticism of the Boro hierarchy for not doing more as job losses in the steel industry have been huge . If attendances are now in the twenty-somethings that is good and i eat humble pie. I do recall reading that the Rams have the highest av attendance per catchment area in the country so that goes to show what good/ successful football + well managed and customer focussed leadership results in. Sam Rush deserves a Knighthood for what he has managed during his tenure. Other clubs should take a leaf out of his book. 

It all comes down to what is happening on the pitch, look what was happening to our crowds under NC.

Our tickets are still as overpriced as other clubs, the only difference being that more people will pay it when their team is doing well and/or playing decent football. 

Holloway has tipped Middlesbrough to win this 1-0, good it makes a change to be the underdog. I think this is closer than he thinks and have a feeling this might even be a bore draw as both sides cancel each other. I don't think their attack, defence or midfield is any better or weaker than ours. Everyone goes on about their defence but it can be breached as Hull have shown but so can ours.

this will not be our season defining game, win , lose or draw we will be up there. We do have a bit of fairy dust in our side and that could be the difference. Butter field and  Ince can win this for us, they have shown that they can unlock anyone's defence.

we might be seen as the underdog but we are more than capable of winning this one and Middlesbrough know that. 

Archived