Middlesbrough v Derby County

Day

1 hour ago, RedSmog said:

Just had a look, can see what you mean:D

Aspirations to be a left back??:D

he'll be left back if he does owt like that again.

Left back at home.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...think we are all looking forward to this one...but with a strong feeling of trepidation having regard to our record there...which has ben abysmal.... don't expect anything from this to be honest....... just want to make sure that we keep it close...we don't want an easy 2-0 or 3-0 for them..... fingers crossed

I know our record at Boro isnt the best but each game is different. We are a completely different side to last season, where in my opinion, we were awful. 

They have conceded 2 goals at home all season, which is incredible. Where we have conceded 7 away from home, which is also pretty impressive!

We are more than good enough to go to Boro and get a result. 

The first goal in this game is huge. With both teams being so good defensively. 

Win, lose or draw. Theres still a long way to go and I still think we will finish in the top 2 regardless of what happens tomorrow. 

But like I said, we are good enough. 

Boro 0-2 Derby. 

COYR!!!

13 hours ago, RedSmog said:

:D Put himself in that position though:)

Hope you do come and attack as Clements said (more smoke and mirrors???)

Make a change from the defensive minded that turn up

Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Depending on which personnel are available to us I would say. We are a defensive unit first and foremost this season. Not as open as under Steve McLaren and with Shackel, Keogh, Carson, Thorne playing then defiantly difficult to break down and beat. However, if it's going to be Shotton and Grant playing then I don't see any other option than for all out attack. We could end up with a 3-3 or 4-4 score line...

Middlesbrough as a city always huge part of DCFC history given that Brian Clough hailed from there... Not all roses and hugs from us though Smog. You gave birth to the devils spawn Don Revie too. Lol

38 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Depending on which personnel are available to us I would say. We are a defensive unit first and foremost this season. Not as open as under Steve McLaren and with Shackel, Keogh, Carson, Thorne playing then defiantly difficult to break down and beat. However, if it's going to be Shotton and Grant playing then I don't see any other option than for all out attack. We could end up with a 3-3 or 4-4 score line...

Middlesbrough as a city always huge part of DCFC history given that Brian Clough hailed from there... Not all roses and hugs from us though Smog. You gave birth to the devils spawn Don Revie too. Lol

Agreed StockholmRam, the similarities between the two teams are pretty uncanny, and stats confirm

Must be the Real Madrid connection somewhere along the line

Clough was a legend, the best manager England never had sums it up to perfection:)

Regarding Revie, that anded up Leeds (spit) cross to bear i,m happy to say, fancy choosing Leicester over Boro:o

3-3  might be worth a daft tenner:thumbsup:

22 hours ago, Alpha said:

I quite like that! 

I liked that shape v Bristol. Thought it freed Ince up really well, still looked solid and the width is there.

But I'm a sucker for 4231 anyway. 

Sort of agree too, but it was Bent playing that helped Ince be so successful in that central role because IMO Bent knows how to pull defences out of position while Martin is better receiving/laying off and I worry that Thorne and Johnson might sit too deep for Martin. .. Just a thought 

4 hours ago, RedSmog said:

Agreed StockholmRam, the similarities between the two teams are pretty uncanny, and stats confirm

Must be the Real Madrid connection somewhere along the line

Clough was a legend, the best manager England never had sums it up to perfection:)

Regarding Revie, that anded up Leeds (spit) cross to bear i,m happy to say, fancy choosing Leicester over Boro:o

3-3  might be worth a daft tenner:thumbsup:

Have a look at our team first Smog... If it's Grant and Shotton put the tenner on mate I'm telling you... It won't be boring that's for sure. 

Those two put me in mind of Dads Army and Cpl Jones for some reason. Can't think why!! Don't Panic Mr Clement..don't panic... Lol

Archived