Sky banned from Elland Road

YouRams

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

So?

sky will have wracked up plenty of abortive costs directly and indirectly.

and surely cellino will be in breach of his banning order.

double trouble.

And you think a corporation like Sky will just roll over and  accept the costs themselves? Wake up.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet they are going frantic down in Isleworth, there's 3 other games tonight so they must be drawing up contingency plans, on the blower to Holloway telling him to turn round and head for Brighton I suppose, although they might send a load of gear to Fulham and show that, who knows.

I hope the Football League throw the book at Leeds for this though.

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yes, this is in breach FL rules in so much as they (FL) are in contract with Sky and Leeds Utd are members of the FL. If this ban goes ahead, as the song says................ "There will be trouble ahead"

True enough

Given the FL's  track record in dealing with issues  we can expect to hear about the consequences some time in 2018

1 hour ago, curtains said:

I am fed up about it yes and I do want to watch the game on TV .

Ruined my night thanks. 

You've probably signed up to Sky Sports to watch Derby so a complaint to Sky wouldn't go amiss. They are after all one of the top 3 companies who wilt at the slightest hint of customer dissatisfaction. Reckon you can claim a free month for this.

5 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I bet they are going frantic down in Isleworth, there's 3 other games tonight so they must be drawing up contingency plans, on the blower to Holloway telling him to turn round and head for Brighton I suppose, although they might send a load of gear to Fulham and show that, who knows.

I hope the Football League throw the book at Leeds for this though.

They will - FFP has struggled because it is open to legal challenge and the Premier League don't support the Championship version. Shutting Sky out is a clear breach of contract, so is easier to apply sanctions. Championship clubs get about £100,000 per televised game which isn't very significant. However, they also get c£5m a season in 'solidarity payments', which is part of the TV deal - take that away and many clubs would be facing administration. The Premier League is completely beholden to Sky, so will happily support any sanctions designed to bring 'rebel' clubs back on board. 

Quite simply, the Football League can't afford not to come down hard on Leeds. They probably don't need to go for a bog fine - Sky's damages claim will sort that out, but I'd imagine that they will impose a transfer embargo and significant points deduction. Cellino will also be banned for life. 

12 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Good on him. Taking a stand against the poison of the modern game. I am more than happy to listen to it rather than watching it live if it means he has won. 

Yet you were going to watch it in the first place....

9 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Yet you were going to watch it in the first place....

Sorry if that was miss interpreted no I wasn't going to watch it, I don't think I will even be able to listen to it as I have an appointment at exactly kick off time, hoping to listen to the second half in the car. 

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Don't think so, not on this one.

i reckon they should abandon match and award it to Derby 3-0 with leeds responsible for refunding all tickets

Archived