Sky banned from Elland Road

YouRams

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Are you resentful of TV Football and players better wages then. 

I'm not calling back for the days where footballers earned peanuts but I'm also not going to get my violin out if we saw wages fall any time soon, especially if that meant cheaper tickets for fans.

And with regards to the games being televised, my point was simple - what about the fans who on many occasions haven't been able to attend the game itself because the fixture has been rearranged to be shown live? It's not okay to them, as nothing replaces being there in person. 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

so someone negotiates a contract that you are bound by but you have no right to see the contract?

They have no right to take part in the football league either. They're perfectly welcome to take their club elsewhere and play in a different league if they aren't happy with the terms of playing here.

If he dose not want to be on telly then FL should ban them to league one they are not on telly that much in that league but i bet all the teams in that league  would love to be on telly so they could get the cash  what an **** sorry would love to swear but can't on here  

7 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

I'm not calling back for the days where footballers earned peanuts but I'm also not going to get my violin out if we saw wages fall any time soon, especially if that meant cheaper tickets for fans.

And with regards to the games being televised, my point was simple - what about the fans who on many occasions haven't been able to attend the game itself because the fixture has been rearranged to be shown live? It's not okay to them, as nothing replaces being there in person. 

Right but if footy was not televised then the away ticket allocation would not be enough for Rams fans and the Forest game would be queuing around the ground for tickets. 

TV promotes the game.

Shall we ban TV from football then ! 

32 minutes ago, curtains said:

I remember the old days lol when footballers earnings were virtually nothing. 

I loved the Luddites 

Yeah, footballers weren't as good before SKY I suppose.

Hector, McFarland, Todd, Nish, Gemmill, Rioch, Charlie et al, very average....and don't get me started on Bobby Moore, Stanley Matthews, Bobby Charlton, George Best, Steve Bloomer, Tom Finney......

Football is better marketed nowadays, more glossy and shiny, but its not better. It might be faster, but the tekkers of those above and many, many more, too numerous to mention, are as good, if not better than anything you have seen on SKY for the last decade or two!

This stance has no credit to it dup to the extortionate prices Leeds charge. If tickets were £25, then I would be going, and I would agree with the argument he thinks he is making about sky messing with the fixture list.

At £38 in advance, £42 on the gate right after Christmas, it is just not the right thing to do.

10 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Hector, McFarland, Todd, Nish, Gemmill, Rioch, Charlie et al, very average....and don't get me started on Bobby Moore, Stanley Matthews, Bobby Charlton, George Best, Steve Bloomer, Tom Finney......

Football is better marketed nowadays, more glossy and shiny, but its not better. It might be faster, but the tekkers of those above and many, many more, too numerous to mention, are as good, if not better than anything you have seen on SKY for the last decade or two!

Did Hector and McFarland appear on live TV ? 

Not sure Peter Doherty and Raich Carter did. 

Was it black and white TV 

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I would totally agree with that. For me there are too many games on and many of them are mundane affairs. Not too many about like Everton v Stoke yesterday anymore. Is it not a case though of players being coached much better at not giving the ball away? Particularly at top level. I find it a bit boring watching Barcelona at times. First ten minutes you go " wow.. Head and shoulders above" but how long can you watch one team do half a million passes to each other before the other side gets the ball. Some group games in Champions League ( don't get me started on that competition and what it has done to football) with Barca you can leave the room, make a cuppa, go to the chippy or takeaway, come home, eat the food, wash up, make another cuppa and they STILL have the flippin ball... 

59 minutes ago, curtains said:

Ticket prices would be higher without Sky but hey Alpha lets ban all TV Football right. 

PS Not realistic is it. 

You've got me wrong. I don't really care either way. 

If I can't afford it then I won't go. I'll go watch football on the park. 

I don't pay for Sky either. 

27 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

They have no right to take part in the football league either. They're perfectly welcome to take their club elsewhere and play in a different league if they aren't happy with the terms of playing here.

they were members of the league before the deal was negotiated on their behalf

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You've got me wrong. I don't really care either way. 

If I can't afford it then I won't go. I'll go watch football on the park. 

I don't pay for Sky either. 

I don't get you wrong I know you don't pay for TV footy and that's your prerogative .

Footy on the park would not be of any viewing interest either if players couldn't aspire to greater heights and be seen on TV playing for the best clubs.

Look at snooker for instance and how that is going down hill after less TV coverage .

26 minutes ago, curtains said:

Right but if footy was not televised then the away ticket allocation would not be enough for Rams fans and the Forest game would be queuing around the ground for tickets. 

TV promotes the game.

Shall we ban TV from football then ! 

So your actual point is that televising games drives down attendances, and this is a good thing? Sure, televising games probably brings in more money than a few extra thousand fans - but having better supported football matches is more sustainable than relying on TV contracts, which themselves are highly dependent on how well you are performing in the league. 

Of course TV promotes the game, you're completely ignoring my perfectly valid point however, and that is how frustrating rearranged fixtures are proving for many fans every single year. 

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

They were part of the league that took part in the negotiations, and would have had the power to have their say one way or the other and to vote on the proposals. That would have been the time to make a stand or walk out. After all, that is how democracy is supposed to operate.

Leeds will never get any real sympathy from me, and that goes back to the day that Armfield send them out at the Baseball Ground to kick us off the pitch four days before the second leg against Read Madrid. Add to that the fact that they went into administration a few minutes before the final match the other year, thus robbing us up the pleasure of mathematically relegating them, and on reflection, screw the sods.

I must have been out of my mind last night when I suggested that I sympathised with Cellino. There will be no floods of tears from me.

Can I say floods?

7 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I was living in this country before the latest government was elected....I still have to live by the rules

Archived