Sky banned from Elland Road

YouRams

Just now, Gaspode said:

Looking at those, it would appear that they will almost certainly be in breach of 75.3 and so subject to whatever fixed penalties the League has for defaulting on their commitments - it's a brave move by Cellino (a man who seems to have a policy of ignoring rules), but ultimately I can't see anything but hurt for Leeds as a result (which will just give their fans another thing to whinge about). Does anyone understand whether he is actually banned at present or is the ban suspended while he appeals the 'fit and proper person' judgement? - seems this action is just adding weight to the league's view...

suspended while he appeals

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, davenportram said:

yep and those regulations state the league will provide clubs the terms of commercial contracts negotiated on behalf of the clubs agreed by the football league. Regulation 75

wp_ss_20151229_0001.png

75.3 does indeed say they "shall inform the clubs of the relevant terms of all such contracts". I stand corrected if they haven't informed Leeds. What does Regulation 81 say by the way as 75.3 speaks of "fixed penalties" if the club are in breach.

Good its about time there was some push back against the sky machine. 

There are more financial issues in football today and most of it is the result of selling the soul of it to sky.  The national side may as well not exist as we can barely scrape a squad together from the premiership, and then the managers are loathed to let them play as they are looking to finish a high up as possible.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

75.3 does indeed say they "shall inform the clubs of the relevant terms of all such contracts". I stand corrected if they haven't informed Leeds. What does Regulation 81 say by the way as 75.3 speaks of "fixed penalties" if the club are in breach.

not looked that far into it.

So bored of this against Sky stuff. 

It's happened, it's beyond repeal. Moaning and moaning about it is just pointless. It is no longer the 1970s, we just have to get on with it. 

And you're sorely misguided if you think Cellino is doing it from any kind of moral standing. 

9 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Looking at those, it would appear that they will almost certainly be in breach of 75.3 and so subject to whatever fixed penalties the League has for defaulting on their commitments - it's a brave move by Cellino (a man who seems to have a policy of ignoring rules), but ultimately I can't see anything but hurt for Leeds as a result (which will just give their fans another thing to whinge about). Does anyone understand whether he is actually banned at present or is the ban suspended while he appeals the 'fit and proper person' judgement? - seems this action is just adding weight to the league's view...

But I just want to watch the game tonight on Sky. 

Good post though M8 

6 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

There are more financial issues in football today and most of it is the result of selling the soul of it to sky.  The national side may as well not exist as we can barely scrape a squad together from the premiership, and then the managers are loathed to let them play as they are looking to finish a high up as possible.

Yep. Everything wrong with football is caused by the likes of Sky. What are you even talking about. Sky pay good money to show football matches. Us fans pay to watch it and like to watch it. Where's the big issue. Everything wrong with modern football comes from the clubs, owners, agents and greedy players. 

The financial issues have not been caused by Sky. **** sake. 

2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Agree that's its good to see some resistance to Sky but money is ruining the game because of poor governance from the FA/ Football League and the 'want it now' attitude of many of today's fans. Managers are rarely allowed time to build a side when know-nothing idiots are given a platform on talk-in radio to call for sackings after 3 bad results. No surprise therefore that managers will go for tried & tested foreign quality over unpredictable & inexperienced English youth.

11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I suspect that leagally there is a big difference between 'shall inform the clubs of the relevant terms of all such contracts' and letting them see the actual contract - and I suspect the relevant terms in this case are simply that Sky have the right to determine which games are shown live, are able to re-arrange fixtures to suit their TV schedules and that clubs have to comply - I doubt that Leeds have a leg to stand on if it all gets legal....

Archived