Sky banned from Elland Road

YouRams

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought the pubs showing 3PM kick offs were picking up foreign broadcasts and that's how they got around it?

They are. but its still illegal

1 minute ago, RicME85 said:

Its effectively the same thing ie going behind the back of the law and the Premier League. 

The point of all this chat was that the 3pm ban is stupid these days when the games are readily available. 

i do agree something should change, and probably will at some point.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

which ones are legal?

DavenportRams post... Read that. Sky tried to take a pub in Portsmouth to court over it... Didn't get anything from it.

54 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

You can now buy an Amazon firestick for £50 preloaded with Sky sports, BT, virtually all football, and watch 3pm kick offs, allegedly.

Not got one mesen but a mate has and swears it works fine. Not as good a picture as HD as its streamed, but with a half decent broadband connection its ok.

If sky don't find a way of stopping this it must start to impact on them over the next few months. A one off £50 against a SKY package?

Its possible to download the codes yourself if you already have a firestick apparently, took my mate a few hours to do, but if not, there's a local guy who openly offers the service on facebook.

Thanks Del Boy...

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

You can now buy an Amazon firestick for £50 preloaded with Sky sports, BT, virtually all football, and watch 3pm kick offs, allegedly.

Not got one mesen but a mate has and swears it works fine. Not as good a picture as HD as its streamed, but with a half decent broadband connection its ok.

If sky don't find a way of stopping this it must start to impact on them over the next few months. A one off £50 against a SKY package?

Its possible to download the codes yourself if you already have a firestick apparently, took my mate a few hours to do, but if not, there's a local guy who openly offers the service on facebook.

Maybe thinking of the same person. It's not an Amazon firestick but there is someone in the Derby area who provides a regular TV box with a regular TV remote and unscrambles codes for Sky subscription. I don't have one myself but I know people who do. It's about £50 for the box and first code, then £25 (I think) every time Sky manage to block the code. If they block the code within three months he does it again for free.

Obviously illegal, I wouldn't do it, but I don't pay for Sky either. But there are ways around Sky that you're unlikely to get caught by. This guy supposedly does alright from it as well. An extra £15k a year on top of his regular job from providing unscrambled codes and unscrambling blocked ones.

I'm not near Derby at all these days, so I only get to a few matches. That doesn't mean I'm not a fan, can't have opinions or care less. However, I've made my choices regarding how much investment of time, money and effort I put can put into going to watch Derby play and I fully understand and respect the choices of everyone who does invest their time, effort and a pretty large amount of their hard earned cash into it.

I take my hat off to those who go - it'd be daft to not recognise the investment that people have to make to go and follow the Rams. There's a whole spectrum of support but TV fixtures do make life hard for those who make the most of a personal investment in actually going. I'm happy to be a half fan or a plastic or whatever, because I'm not making that effort to be there. There's no need to get precious over it.

Anyway, lets hope the spirit of capitulation has seeped through to Leeds players. Marching nowhere together.....

Archived