Sky banned from Elland Road

YouRams

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Uptherams said:
6 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Sky don't have a say on how it's distributed. But next season we will be seeing a significant increase in spending on grassroots...thanks to Sky. 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/26/premier-league-richard-scudamore-sky-deal

I know sky have no input after the contracts are signed I have no beef with them, textbook capitalism really, but the custodians of that money have failed everyone who plays/involves themselves, except those lucky few hundred who play in the PL.

Morally, it is the right move to filter more downwards instead of sideways.

For instance if agent payments as a total were subsidised against match day ticket prices across the board it'd probably make it couple of quid cheaper to go to a match, maybe more.

***unresearched claim alert.****!! 

9 hours ago, Redcar said:

I'm amazed Leeds have been on Sky NINE times already this season!

How many games we had? 6-7 maybe?

I can't see it happening which will proper stuff my evening. Sky will have a plan B and jump ship to another ground.

Birmingham, Leeds, Burnley, MK Dons, Wolves, Forest, Hull, Sheff Wed, Ipswich and Leeds would be number 10.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Birmingham, Leeds, Burnley, MK Dons, Wolves, Forest, Hull, Sheff Wed, Ipswich and Leeds would be number 10.

Ipswich wasn't on Sky.

Leeds is number 10 if you include Portsmouth in the Cup though

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Weren't on Sky for Ipswich were we? That was a regular 3pm KO.

We have Wolves away on TV to come too - that will take us to number 10, tasty FA Cup draws notwithstanding, assuming we make it past Hartlepool.

Massimo Cellino apparently hates purple, and we are playing in the away kit tonight. Excellent.

Archived