Sky banned from Elland Road

YouRams

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, loughboroughRAM said:

I am totally for clubs standing up to Sky as it can be ridiculous the amount matches get moved around but I find it disgraceful this sort of action is taken a day or two before the actual match is meant to be broadcast

I'm sure he complained at the time but was told to wind his neck in. Maybe he felt this was the only way he would get a chance to voice his opinion and be heard. The matter will be referee to an independent commitee which will hear both sides.

locking sky out a week before the event would have no impact, likewise warning it might happen would end up with threats etc... and pressure to back down. Doing it without warning creates maximum focus on the issue.

14 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

The problem I've got with all theses deals is the naivety of it all...

Weve had millions coming in on previous deals... Yet grassroots money hasn't filtered down as much before....

Only one place in Derby that's improved and that's the Racecourse... 

Grassroots is on its backside, especially adult football.

Im hoping it will filter through, but judging by previous deals. I ain't holding my breath

It's got sod all to do with Sky. It's the Premier League and Football league that decide how the money should be distributed. They also then have to go through the councils and other local authorities. It's here where it all get's fuzzy. The council is just ad bad. Go shout at them. 

Hopefully Leeds get a points deduction for breach of contract..

All this is about the owner getting airtime...nothing else..

And the manager is an even bigger idiot - claiming this is giving Derby a massive edge over rivals like Hull, Boro and Brighton and even claiming the FA have done this type of fixture arrangement just to keep Leeds in the Championship because they are such a massive draw !!!!

Leeds stay in the Championship because the players have not been good enough to make play-offs...nothing more nothing less..

4 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

It's got sod all to do with Sky. It's the Premier League and Football league that decide how the money should be distributed. They also then have to go through the councils and other local authorities. It's here where it all get's fuzzy. The council is just ad bad. Go shout at them. 

So when Sky will inevitably show me a program where there money have made a difference to grassroots football... I shouldn't commend them? 

Just now, Yani P said:

I wonder what % of the money goes tom players and agents but no further - would be interesting to see 

This is what worries me about all these deals.... 

What about the pubs and clubs that will suffer tonight because their takings will be down? Lots of places are packed on Rams tv nights that otherwise wouldn't have their tills ringing. 

I hope the **** fails his proper person test because of this, you can't just stamp your feet and take your ball home like a child. I'm livid :angry:

It is irrelevant if standing upto sky is good or bad, he is in breach and is being an arse. The reason is that, as steve evans said that they are unhappy at having played sunday and today. I hope if it doesnt get shown that they get a massive punishment, if they are unprepared to follow the rules they have signed upto then immediate expulsion from the football league should do it.

I think a system like in America would be good for football and attendances. Games over there are broadcast by big networks, but only if a certain percentage of tickets are sold. There were doubts about a GB match being broadcast in the play offs until companies bought loads of tickets as prizes.

the games are shown on free local tv once enough tickets have been sold

42 minutes ago, craic dispenser said:

You'll have the red flag flying over the iPro. 

Corbyns barmy army! Would be plenty of Hog Roasts served of there was a blue flag waving over it! :ph34r:

Archived