Sky banned from Elland Road

YouRams

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Grimbeard said:

Appealing to the FA would have an effect precisely equal to  EFF ALL. The Sky tail has been wagging the football dog for too long.

Yes true, but aren't they supposed to be businessmen and professional athletes? surely the owners should be welcoming the money from being on TV. and the players should be fine, if not, their physio and backroom staff arent doing their job

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I can understand his feelings, but surely he should have made his stand weeks ago when the fixtures were moved. He's known for long enough that his team would only have 2 days rest.

But that wouldn't have annoyed Sky nearly enough. If he'd complained weeks ago, one of two things would have happened.

Either, Sky would have pressured Leeds, via the Football league, to a climb down, or, Sky would have televised a different game. Either way, Sky wouldn't have an embarrassing hole in their schedule.

Try as I might, I cannot get worked up over this, seeing as I will be there. Like Utch, I will have a sneaking admiration if he does pull the plug - but somehow I think that he will relent, possibly after a settlement involving brown envelopes. The alternative, of course, is that Sky wake up with a horse's head in their bed.

Archived