Leeds United v Derby County

Day

We didn't show Leeds enough respect by trying to rest too many players. I understand Thorne and Martin, but it should be evident by now that Bent is too isolated up front on his own without support from Ince.

Absolutely atrocious 'keeping from Grant. It wasn't so much the original error, but the fact that he completely lost his head. I'd be interested to know if one of our three defenders queuing up for an uncontested clearing header put a name on the ball, because if not they're also at fault. I think there's a bit of the usual hyperbole around regarding the mistake though. We know Grant has one of these in him every 10 games or so, that's why we brought in Carson. For anyone complaining how about you tell me who you plan to bring in who is better than Grant, but will be prepared to sit on the bench behind Carson?

Russell was my man of the match. A couple of annoying lapses in concentration, but he put himself about, showed well for the ball to feet, and created the 2nd with a lovely flick.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

You know that Leeds keeper has been awful for them in the past? 

As I said, Grant is mostly a good keeper. But balls in the box, not shots and he turns into this useless object. How can a keeper, one of his size, not be comfortable and competent enough to catch a ball with two hands. It's not exactly like a GK has other priorities in training. That palm into our six yard box. That wasn't like a poor tackle or misplaced pass. It's like Keogh turning round and having a shot at our goal and then saying sorry lads I should know better. 

Just heard Clement's interview on Sky Sports. He's bang on, it was two points dropped when you consider the game's main events. We had at least five clear chances to score.

Leeds had two, the first coming from a Grant howler.

We should have won. But the way we played generally pleases me. We really are a dominant team in this division, and automatic promotion is definitely within reach.

Christie was ok.

just gave away a dangerous free kick near the end.

we looked a bit skaky without shackell but keogh held it together.

the midfield three did well but we need to do more a bit more with the possession we have.

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

To be fair Alpha tonight he was shocking and he will be killed in the Prem.

We need one more winger for sure though - I'm losing my patience with just how ineffectual Weimann is.

It also bugs me Clement refuses to put Martin and Bent on the pitch together.

Yeah, wasn't Christie's best game. But the comment made was ridiculous. 

Not a fan of Weimann tbh. Thought he was looking alright at one point but think he might just be a go fetch doggy. He faces the wrong way all the time. He plays in a position that doesn't exist. Not writing him off. Just not a fan. 

Also I thinnk Stephen Warnock is superb. So reliable in possession. Only downside I have with him is that he offers nothing in terms of an attacking threat. And with Weimann infront of him - it's so easy to defend against.

Butterfield was excellent yet again. Such a good footballer and intelligent too. He offered far more of an attacking threat than Weimann and regularly beat his man with nifty footwork.

4 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

It was absolutely awful. Not worthy of any pro keeper in this league and it's become common hasn't it. He can mostly play well and then he messes up like that, often since last season. We have a one handed keeper when the balls in the air. It's shocking. Compare to how their keeper gathered the ball from our last corner. Shackell deals with the balls in the box when he's playing and I think people underestimate his impact defending the ball into the box. 

It was poor by grant but to be fair he was unlucky with the first punch which bounced off someone's shoulder. The second one he was backtracking and really could have left it because there were three defenders on the line. Maybe someone should have shouted. Just one of those things. I agree shackell was a big miss and if he hadn't gone off I think we would have won. Two quality goals but I do worry about weimannn and bent who don't give us enough. I think we need to strengthen up front in the January window. And make sure shackell doesn't get injured. 

Disappointed we didn't win but only because I believe we are a better team and club as a whole than Leeds.

That said, or written, if somebody said to me back in August would you take second place, one point behind the leaders four above third I'd have said give it me now.

Yeah there were a couple of hiccups we could have done without tonight as PC just said but he didn't look too fazed so subsequently neither am I.

Onwards to 2016 and a Happy New Year to you all from your East Hertfordshire correspondent. x.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Was it really a good point though. After we went behind yes, but we would have comfortably won that game had grant not made that howler because we were controlling the game.

Any point away from home against a team in form is a good point.

Has anybody in the south stand ever swore at you?

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

It was poor by grant but to be fair he was unlucky with the first punch which bounced off someone's shoulder. The second one he was backtracking and really could have left it because there were three defenders on the line. Maybe someone should have shouted. Just one of those things. I agree shackell was a big miss and if he hadn't gone off I think we would have won. Two quality goals but I do worry about weimannn and bent who don't give us enough. I think we need to strengthen up front in the January window. And make sure shackell doesn't get injured. 

Punches should go upwards, otherwise catch the bloody thing.

Archived