Leeds United v Derby County

Day

20 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I'm satisfied with the point. It should have been all three but Grant's mishap gave Leeds not only a goal but belief too. Until that point we were totally taking the piss. As comfortable as you can get at just 1-0. 

Hendrick's goal was sublime. He did little else though. Goes missing for long spells. Johnson had another mediocre game. Not sure Weimann warrants a start after that and Russell huffed and puffed. Bent was ordinary after a bright start. Christie was superb until the last half hour. Warnock decent again as was Shackell until subbed. But Keogh and Butterfield were the standout players for me. The latter was our best centre mid, best creator and best winger. And gave the ball away just once or twice, whereas Jeff and Brad struggled to pick a man out. Keogh is ridiculously good. 

We need Shackell fit and Carson too. And must play Ince and Martin. 

I sound like I know what I'm talking about. I don't. I'll trust PC. 

Onto the Riverside we go. 

Couldn't have summed it up better, spot on.

Would really like to see Johnny (and a few others) use the ball a bit better, but bring back the 3 rested, fingers crossed on injuries clearing and go again for Boro.

In the context of other results it was a point gained on Brighton/Hull, move on.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Thought Johnson couldn't do anymore with that header to be honest. Otherwise agree

Weimann's one was the one that got me, just before half-time.

He didn't even have the nous to win an easy penalty and possible GK red card that most other players in the Championship would have won. 

It was alright, got nothing more and nothing less than we deserved from the game, against a decent Leeds side.

One things for sure, no way does Keogh deserve the crap I've heard tonight, on Radio Derby, or anywhere else.

Maybe he could have done better for the second, or maybe Christie should have taken care of Wood instead of marking fresh air, or Warnock should have stopped the cross, I'll leave that to the Jamie Carragher's amongst you to decide, because I don't give a monkeys really.

What I do mind is bellends who tweet Radio Derby with their poison, such as 'Without Shackell to hold his hand, Keogh is a liability who couldn't find his way out of a paper bag'.

I sometimes half wish we'd go back to being ****, at least then complaints were legitimate!

I'm not a happy clapper, but the way a lot of people simply can't wait to lay the blame on Keogh, like they've been itching for the chance, saddens me greatly.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Weimann's one was the one that got me, just before half-time.

He didn't even have the nous to win an easy penalty and possible GK red card that most other players in the Championship would have won. 

Got me too... Only had to poke the ball and would have drew a pen... Instead he pulled out of it

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

v Fulham he sets up Butterfield's goal.

v Ipswich he holds up play fantastically for Russell to charge and get the ball to Ince he scores the winner.

v Brighton he scores the equaliser against a promotion rival.

v Hull he flicks the ball onto Weimann whose run finds Butterfield who scores.

v Cardiff he lays off the ball to Thorne who makes it 1-0.

Hendricks goal had 20 passes in the build up. Should we then start saying how important a contribution all those touches were. Half those examples are shocking dude. Like the Ipswich one. If you think that in his last 9 games he has don much compared to the start of the season or last season when he wasn't injured then you are deluded. This isn't like I am saying oh Martin hasn't scored in one game, he's out of form. In his last 12 games including tonight he has scored just 2 goals and got two assists. His hold up and inter play has been okay but nothing like it has been before. 

Keogh was excellent I thought, In possession, he was superb.

Could he have done more for the second goal? Perhaps, but then again I'm not comparing him to Sergio Ramos so I'll just say that it was a fantastic cross and finish.

He's easily in the top ten for Championship defenders. Shackell is in the top five.

Bodes well.

Impartial view from the outside (hull city fan)! Although not that impartial as I feckin' hate the dirty white b******s! 2-2 was about right. Derby played the better football, scum showed more effort. If you'd worked as hard off the ball it would have been a comfortable 3 points. Rating Derby is easy tonight, 6's across the board. With the exception of the keeper who gets a 2 from me (that was a calamity of an equaliser) and an extra half point for Butterfield who edged your mom. Questions over Keogh on their 2nd. Mis-timed his jump I thought, if not, I think he might have nicked it with a 7. It looks like a 3 horses to me. Us, you and borough. Despite ballsing it up against Preston, Leeds, and Rotherham (for christ's sake) of late. Saw enough in Us taking burley apart to convince me this is a blip that we'll come back from. It will come down to the head to heads. So good luck against borough (over-rated believe me) and see you at your place soon for some sweet sweet revenge!!!!!

46 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

I'm very grateful to those on here giving good advice on how I should support

the team,and for the useful suggestions on other teams I could support instead.

Also its very encouraging to be told what a great position we are in,compared

to other teams, and this makes us massive favourites for promotion,so whats to

worry about?

The trouble I have is that feeling that I've heard all this before, the confidence

and the complacency and any criticism is not welcome and negative. Then come

the recriminations when once again we fail at the last hurdle Some people learn

and some never will.

and some people are born pessimists. Bet you're a bundle of laughs when you're out on the town!

1 minute ago, Uptherams said:

Hendricks goal had 20 passes in the build up. Should we then start saying how important a contribution all those touches were. Half those examples are shocking dude. Like the Ipswich one. If you think that in his last 9 games he has don much compared to the start of the season or last season when he wasn't injured then you are deluded. This isn't like I am saying oh Martin hasn't scored in one game, he's out of form. In his last 12 games including tonight he has scored just 2 goals and got two assists. His hold up and inter play has been okay but nothing like it has been before. 

Fulham game was nice pass that was key to the goal.

Ipswich game his hold up play was fantastic and was in my opinion the most key player in that move.

Granted Brighton was only a penalty that you would expect your striker to score, but it was a high pressure penalty in the last few minutes of the match against a top club.

The flick against Hull was brilliant and was key in that goal. Yes it was a cracking striker by Butterfield, but only happened due to Martins work.

Against Hull it was hardly great work by Martin, but still getting into the right positions to get the ball to Thorne is always key.

So in the last 5 games Martin has played he has been heavily involved in every goal? Yes he isn't scoring as many, but his play allows others to score.

54 minutes ago, Kernow said:

You have to feel for Bent but Martin did 10x what Bent did today. If Martin played the whole game we probably would have won.

Feel for Bent, because if you watched him as Hendrick nutmegs Bamba, he's standing square to him, onside, right place, right time pointing with his arms to his feet for him to square it.

As it was Jeff was confident enough and good enough to score, but just saying if he'd missed, there would have been something made of where Bent was by a few no doubt.

Not arguing with the point you make, just saying rub of the green, Hendrick decides to square it etc he could have bagged a goal and turned round his fortunes.

4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Feel for Bent, because if you watched him as Hendrick nutmegs Bamba, he's standing square to him, onside, right place, right time pointing with his arms to his feet for him to square it.

As it was Jeff was confident enough and good enough to score, but just saying if he'd missed, there would have been something made of where Bent was by a few no doubt.

Not arguing with the point you make, just saying rub of the green, Hendrick decides to square it etc he could have bagged a goal and turned round his fortunes.

Big foul by Bent to take up that position. Should not have been a goal unless you say that he was not interfering with play when he fouled the defender. Not complaining by the way.

25 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

v Fulham he sets up Butterfield's goal.

v Ipswich he holds up play fantastically for Russell to charge and get the ball to Ince he scores the winner.

v Brighton he scores the equaliser against a promotion rival.

v Hull he flicks the ball onto Weimann whose run finds Butterfield who scores.

v Cardiff he lays off the ball to Thorne who makes it 1-0.

So in the last 5 games he has been key in 5 goals. Doesn't look like poor form?

Sorry but you're peeing into the wind with this one mate! Can't understand so-called fans who have vendettas against some of our own players - if you can't give support then sod off and go and moan at some other teams' players!

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Big foul by Bent to take up that position. Should not have been a goal unless you say that he was not interfering with play when he fouled the defender. Not complaining by the way.

Didn't notice that to be honest, just saw the sky shot behind the goals with him square on. Wouldn't complain either, need a bit of luck at times, unless it seems you're wearing goalie gloves :ermm:

Archived