Leeds United v Derby County

Day

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Do you type like you're on a type-writer?! You know you don't have to hit RETURN every time you want a new line.

Im not going to tell you how to support our club, but I'm definitely going to advise you on how best to post a comment without it being a pain in the arse to read. 

Your first paragraph made me laugh. Fair play :lol:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

I lost count how many times he lost the ball. Great goal but nothing else imo

This really doesn't make sense. A great goal that should have started the way to a winning performance. The fact that we didn't win the fact that other players made mistakes. He did enough, he did more than most!

Just now, Alpha said:

How come we didn't smash Blackburn when we sent out our strongest team?

Cruising at 1-0. 

Blaming the team selection is as easy as blaming effort and passion. 

One of our most limp performances of the season was Sheff Wednesday. Thorne, Martin, Ince...

Got to agree, nothing wrong with our team selection today. Yes it was our "second string" in many ways, but that would easily be most top 6 team's first XI. Everyone goes on about how strong our squad is for a reason. We had more than enough ability to win tonight, and at times we showed that class. 

Just now, Inglorius said:

Agreed if you didn't know the match we were playing tonight you'd have thought Grants mistake had cost us the play off final. If we dont go up his season it won't be because of Grants mistake tonight. 

No it wouldn't be just down to that but it's a contribution. He's just got to get his chin up and move on, which to be honest I think he did that straight away.

2 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

But he hasn't been. The last 9 games he hasn't done much of anything. That does need to change. He needs to start scoring again and get stuck in a bit more. He did more tonight than he has in almost a third of some of those 9 games. He's got until the end of Jan to do this and he can do this. At that point we are far too close to the finish line to say well it's alright if things haven't changed. It isn't like replacing Ozil at all. Because Ozil hasn't dipped out of form. He hasn't stopped getting assists. 

Martin has been getting assists and been involved in most of the goals we have scored. He set up Butterfields against Fulham for christs sake. 

I'm satisfied with the point. It should have been all three but Grant's mishap gave Leeds not only a goal but belief too. Until that point we were totally taking the piss. As comfortable as you can get at just 1-0. 

Hendrick's goal was sublime. He did little else though. Goes missing for long spells. Johnson had another mediocre game. Not sure Weimann warrants a start after that and Russell huffed and puffed. Bent was ordinary after a bright start. Christie was superb until the last half hour. Warnock decent again as was Shackell until subbed. But Keogh and Butterfield were the standout players for me. The latter was our best centre mid, best creator and best winger. And gave the ball away just once or twice, whereas Jeff and Brad struggled to pick a man out. Keogh is ridiculously good. 

We need Shackell fit and Carson too. And must play Ince and Martin. 

I sound like I know what I'm talking about. I don't. I'll trust PC. 

Onto the Riverside we go. 

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Martin has been getting assists and been involved in most of the goals we have scored. He set up Butterfields against Fulham for christs sake. 

He could have had another two assists today if the chances had been taken!

8 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

This really doesn't make sense. A great goal that should have started the way to a winning performance. The fact that we didn't win the fact that other players made mistakes. He did enough, he did more than most!

His performance was poor - my opinion. Too casual on the ball, and slows the tempo. 

Didnt think we played too badly tonight. Leeds will argue they deserved a point. But I think with those 2 chances at the end for Hendrick and Johnson in particular we should have won the game. 

Im not Hendrick's biggest fan but I thought he played well tonight. His goal was brilliant. Butterfield and Keogh had decent games to. 

A quick word on Bent. Im struggling to see the point of him in this squad now. With the way we play he just doesnt fit in at all. Im not saying its his fault. We just dont play to his strengths when he plays. 

Also thought Weimann was non existsnt tonight. Doesnt offer us anything at all on the wing. We are crying out for a winger in January. 

Shame Shackell had to go off injured. His organisational skills were missed. I dont think we would have conceded that 2nd goal with him on the pitch. 

The error from Grant was awful. He should never have come for it in the first place and then the 2nd error to flap it back into the six yard box was even worse. But thats the problem with being a keeper. You make an error. Its in the back of the net 9 times out of 10. The best keepers in the world make mistakes. Some of our fans responses are embarrassing. 

I think we need a winger and a striker in January. Which I think Clement knows.

Lets be honest. If, at the end of August, we were offered 2nd place, 4 points clear of 3rd going into the new year. Then we all would have taken it. 

Big game on Saturday now. No reason at all why we cant go there and win.

COYR!!!

28 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I can't believe some of those misses though.

Weimann when through on goal, Johnson's header from literally five yards out, Hendrick's left footer which went over the bar, Russell's cut back from about six yards out.

Such lack of prolificacy there. We could have had five. We probably should have.

Hendricks shot took a deflection. Weimann just looks so short of confidence in fron t of goal. 

4 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

His performance was poor - my opinion. Too casual on the ball, and slows the tempo. 

Fair enough. Although I'd say sometimes it pays to slow the tempo. Especially when you're comfortably winning 1-0 with another game to play in a few days.

3 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Fair enough. Although I'd say sometimes it pays to slow the tempo. Especially when you're comfortably winning 1-0 with another game to play in a few days.

True, but likewise other times it doesn't pay! I don't think he was anywhere near the worst performer, but he has so much more in his locker than he showed tonight 

I can't believe some of the adjectives used on here by some folk. .... Shocking? " "woeful?"  and then the venom directed at players who made mistakes but we all know perform generally very well. .. Yes we did enough to win and 3 points would have been fantastic away at Leeds .. But you know what .. We got a point away from home and two good goals against a strong home team. We are in an automatic promotion place and 4 points clear of the team below us. This is our team .. Intelligent criticism fine .. Groans of horror . Yup par for the course .. But all the other stuff ???? Are some of you guys fans or just moaners who's chips were a bit undercooked and you want compensation. You know who you are .. Come on lads get a grip. On current form we WILL be a PL club next season and that includes tonight's result. 

COYR .. And Granty .. Just write that one down to a mad moment. You've looked sound since you came in don't let a few nutters disturb your karma 

13 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

No he hasn't. That's the last game, one example. He has not only had a decline in goals but also a decline in assists. If you think he's done much in the last 9 games then you need your eyes checking. He is well and truly out of form. If he doesn't regain form in a months time then we need to look at bringing someone in. I think he can. But if in a months time he hasn't then it isn't worth the risk. 

From my perspective we played very well. In the main good passing & movement. Controlled the game completely until the Grant error. There was only one quality side out there and it wasn't Leeds. Cant believe how Beagrie was far more inclined to big up Leeds.

I am disappointed with both goals but very optimistic for the season. We have some very good players and a very good head coach. Nothing wrong with team selection and no reason to wet ourselves over Boro. About time they bit the dust. Bring on Saturday. Those of you who have reacted like hysterical girls can always hide behind the metaphorical sofa.

PS. 4 points clear of 3rd.

5 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

No he hasn't. That's the last game, one example. He has not only had a decline in goals but also a decline in assists. If you think he's done much in the last 9 games then you need your eyes checking. He is well and truly out of form. If he doesn't regain form in a months time then we need to look at bringing someone in. I think he can. But if in a months time he hasn't then it isn't worth the risk. 

v Fulham he sets up Butterfield's goal.

v Ipswich he holds up play fantastically for Russell to charge and get the ball to Ince he scores the winner.

v Brighton he scores the equaliser against a promotion rival.

v Hull he flicks the ball onto Weimann whose run finds Butterfield who scores.

v Cardiff he lays off the ball to Thorne who makes it 1-0.

So in the last 5 games he has been key in 5 goals. Doesn't look like poor form?

42 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I can't believe some of those misses though.

Weimann when through on goal, Johnson's header from literally five yards out, Hendrick's left footer which went over the bar, Russell's cut back from about six yards out.

Such lack of prolificacy there. We could have had five. We probably should have.

Thought Johnson couldn't do anymore with that header to be honest. Otherwise agree

1 hour ago, top 6 finish said:

If we can put the pantomime before half-time behind us(no pun intended) we

should win,but Weinmann ,Butterfield and BJ have to up their game.

I was at the Pantomime this afternoon. Cinderella and Prince charming scored near the end.

Butterfield MOM. Can't believe the stick Jeff is getting too.

Shots wasn't as bad as people make out he is either. Two chances, 2 goals from them.

Little more composure we would have won comfortably 

Archived