Callum McManaman

admira

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont rate bird at all it was clemment mistake signing him in the first place.

Good player is Baird - fine career with Fulham and helped Burnley to promotion in the run-in two years ago (the play-off final year).

A cool head under pressure, perhaps he was signed a year too late.

As for Callum McManaman, I read this morning that Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing him. If Pearson wants him, maybe he can persuade the player that the facilities and long-term ambition is far better at Derby.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Huzzah! I've been plugging him the transfer suggestions thread and Mel, Sam and Nigel might just have taken note:

http://readwestbrom.com/2016/08/16/callum-mcmanaman-wanted-qpr-derby/

or the journo reporting it has ;)

I would like to see him here though. He's another similar to Ince. Can't get a game in the prem because of the style of play his team implements, but imo good enough to play there.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Hes exactly what we need. Quick, skillful and can cross. 

Get him and a striker like Assombalonga and we'd be laughing. 

How anyone could not want to sign this lad is beyond me.

If he is that great how come a mediocre team like WBA don't want him? Played 18 games for them without a goal. I saw him play against Saints at the Hawthorns last season and he did nothing. So for me that's why.....

He was incredible in the FA Cup final when I was there in the Wigan end against City. He tore Clichy to shreds. 

I've said it before and i'll say it again. If we tried to sign him the day after Wigan won the FA Cup we wouldn't have stood a chance, just like when we try to sign in-form players now and get told a premium price. 

Players that have shown it in the past, had a poor season or so for whatever reason, are the best types of gambles. If Pearson trusted himself enough, he would back himself to get the lad back to that level. 

I think most importantly he's a wide midfielder. 

27 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If he is that great how come a mediocre team like WBA don't want him? Played 18 games for them without a goal. I saw him play against Saints at the Hawthorns last season and he did nothing. So for me that's why.....

So you say him play in one game? He had a bad one?

So on that basis you wouldnt sign him? 

Makes me laugh how people say they wouldn't want him, cause WBA are a mediocre club etc, cause he hasn't quite made it in the Prem, consistently, one game wonder, half a season wonder .

Do some of you not realise we are Derby County of the Championship? Currently we are Derby County of the Championship for another season if we carry on with the exact same squad that has tried and failed the last 3 seasons.

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

So you say him play in one game? He had a bad one?

So on that basis you wouldnt sign him? 

Not at all, I saw him once live but have followed his progress for a while as his name has been banded about for a while re a link with the Rams. Seen him lose his head a few times including one of the worst tackles I have ever seen when he was red carded. All about opinions, mine is that I don't rate him.

Archived