Callum McManaman

admira

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Joel Stanley said:

Completely agree, however think with Bryson we know technically he's not as good as Hughes or Butterfield, but you can get away with that being the sort of player he is in midfield...

Russell though his lack of technical ability shows a lot more on the wing, maybe it is time for a bit more quality in that position rather than a workhorse like Russell

Go watch Russell's first goal vs Bolton (H) last season, and then tell me again how he lacks technical ability...   :lol:

18 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Go watch Russell's first goal vs Bolton (H) last season, and then tell me again how he lacks technical ability...   :lol:

Agree great goal, but the amount of times he fails to deliver a decent cross or takes a chance is unbelievable

1 hour ago, Joel Stanley said:

Agree great goal, but the amount of times he fails to deliver a decent cross or takes a chance is unbelievable

I agree but this is often down to his decision making as opposed to real talent or technical ability. A good coach such as Pearson might be able to get consistency out of Russell which is his only real issue because not many can deny he's a good footballer?

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I agree but this is often down to his decision making as opposed to real talent or technical ability. A good coach such as Pearson might be able to get consistency out of Russell which is his only real issue because not many can deny he's a good footballer?

He's technically not that good whenever he has to think. If it's all split second, then he's fine.

20 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

that's true, I often find the same with Ince, talent unquestionable, decision making though often questionable

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I'm agreeing with you, those two wouldn't be robust enough. But have to correct this bolded misunderstanding. Hughes has 3rd highest tackles/game ratio in our team, only Olsson and Thorne (just) in front of him. So basicly Hughes does that well too. Heading ability would be bigger problem with Bryso-Hughesy. (and Thorne, Butters, Hanson, Baird etc..)

Those stats are from Whoscored.com, but have to say I was suprised that Hughes wasn't topping tackling stats.

Jeez... That's actually true... Hughes tackles?

Is there anything he can't do? WHY WASN'T HE IN FRANCE?!?!?

1 hour ago, Joel Stanley said:

that's true, I often find the same with Ince, talent unquestionable, decision making though often questionable

Fully agree, although Ince can be inept all game but due to being arguably the most talented player in the squad alongside Hughes, can come up with a moment of brilliance.

Russell simply blows hot or cold. When he's on form, he's brilliant; but when he's off his game, he tends to be fairly anonymous

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Jeez... That's actually true... Hughes tackles?

Is there anything he can't do? WHY WASN'T HE IN FRANCE?!?!?

Follow him more closely :), he quite often ends his run with tackle.

But good question, maybe almost whole season injured caused it.

On 6/27/2016 at 20:05, Coconut said:

Martin thrives on being surrounded by people on the same wavelength as him, capable of quick passing and intelligent movement in tight spaces.

I'm not sure how you've come to the conclusion that someone running down the wing and aimlessly whipping it into the box is the type of service he needs when it's not what he's ever needed before.

Really? I think that role hold-up man role works well for the team but I was talking about Martin himself. Thought that was clear. Yes. it suits the system we've tended to favour since he's been here to pay balls to feet and have runners off him but against the better sides who can nullify him with back to goal, there's been no 'plan b' and it's cost us.  Burnley, Boro et al. Maybe you see it differently?  As to your comment of never having had service from out wide, have a look at the following and count how many of his 48 goals have come from crosses because I'm not sure we're talking about the same player!  He seems to like a decent cross enough to me :) Either way, I think you'll find Pearson wanting to deploy wingers so we'll soon see eh?

Callum Mcmanaman.

Will he be good enough for us?

Personally I think so. Fast, Pacy and aggressive. Him + Ince on either wing would be leathal at this level.

but would he be a good investment if we get into the premier league. I'm not so sure.

11 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Callum Mcmanaman.

Will he be good enough for us?

Personally I think so. Fast, Pacy and aggressive. Him + Ince on either wing would be leathal at this level.

but would he be a good investment if we get into the premier league. I'm not so sure.

Heard anything on this one?

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Heard anything on this one?

I have,

heard West Brom want £6m but highly doubt we will pay that for a failed prem winger.

We are interested in him.

I think the Matt Phillips to West Brom deal could lower his price as he will then be surplus requirements.

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

I have,

heard West Brom want £6m but highly doubt we will pay that for a failed prem winger.

We are interested in him.

I think the Matt Phillips to West Brom deal could lower his price as he will then be surplus requirements.

If he was good enough WBA would have used him a heck of a lot more and not just a two minute sub - if he was a free transfer then maybe but forking out a lot then wages would bother me as I don't really like what I have seen of him, but we will see.

Archived