Callum McManaman

admira

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Hes exactly what we need. Quick, skillful and can cross. 

Get him and a striker like Assombalonga and we'd be laughing. 

How anyone could not want to sign this lad is beyond me.

Agree McManaman would be a good signing.

I have said all along though there is next to no chance we sign Assombalonga. Would either cost a fortune, eye-watering amount of money. Or he's still carrying injuries and therefore fairly useless to us and we would still pay silly money.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Agree McManaman would be a good signing.

I have said all along though there is next to no chance we sign Assombalonga. Would either cost a fortune, eye-watering amount of money. Or he's still carrying injuries and therefore fairly useless to us and we would still pay silly money.

I think we could mate. Dont think he would cost as much as Forestieri. 

I think they turned down £7 million from Norwich for him and the general consensus is they are after around £10 million.

Ive heard of a fairly reliable Forest fan that they need to raise a few million so they dont fall foul of FFP again.

Could be why he didnt start against Brighton or tonight. They might not want to risk him getting an injury because he is pretty much the only player they have that would command a large enough fee to sort them out. 

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think they turned down £7 million from Norwich for him and the general consensus is they are after around £10 million.

Ive heard of a fairly reliable Forest fan that they need to raise a few million so they dont fall foul of FFP again.

Could be why he didnt start against Brighton or tonight. They might not want to risk him getting an injury because he is pretty much the only player they have that would command a large enough fee to sort them out. 

Wife's just had a kid

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Even more reason for not wanting to move far away to someone like Norwich. 

If only there were a club close by who could do with a striker? ?

He isn't a striker. Pay £10m for him? Not a chance. People were laughing at £12m for McCormack.

Far better value abroad.

36 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Don't you think that's £10 mill from other teams in Champ, but double it if you're Derby?

Cant see Fawaz putting a sensible head on with this, even if it means missing out on necessary funds 

PistoldPete2
37 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Asombalonga would be a big risk given his injuries. Derby have a lot of injuries already thorne Hanson Hendrick weimann and Olson. Could we take a risk on another injury prone player? 

1 minute ago, r4derby said:

Don't you think that's £10 mill from other teams in Champ, but double it if you're Derby?

Cant see Fawaz putting a sensible head on with this, even if it means missing out on necessary funds 

No mate. Maybe an extra million or 2. 

Dont think Fawaz is calling the shots there anymore. 

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Asombalonga would be a big risk given his injuries. Derby have a lot of injuries already thorne Hanson Hendrick weimann and Olson. Could we take a risk on another injury prone player? 

I know he had that 1 big injury. But he must be over that by now. 

Hes only started one game this season and scored twice. 

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Calling him injury prone is like calling Hughes injury prone

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

No mate. Maybe an extra million or 2. 

Dont think Fawaz is calling the shots there anymore. 

I'll take your word for it. Despite living in Nottm and playing football with Forest fans, I have taken very little notice in goings on there.

Hes a good striker on his day, worry would be the money required without an assurance his fitness is back to a decent level

I do like Assombalonga; I think he's a very naturally gifted striker, always alive in the box and an excellent finisher. I don't think he's as technically gifted as Martin and I don't think they would work too well together, but he would be an excellent shout. 

Fawaz wouldn't sell him to us, though. I think that was glaringly obvious when we went in for Antonio. 

37 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I do like Assombalonga; I think he's a very naturally gifted striker, always alive in the box and an excellent finisher. I don't think he's as technically gifted as Martin and I don't think they would work too well together, but he would be an excellent shout. 

Fawaz wouldn't sell him to us, though. I think that was glaringly obvious when we went in for Antonio. 

I think that fat sweaty greek man is the bloke in charge now

Archived