Foo Fighters

Mostyn6

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

never.

Oasis from 94-96 were a revelation, and banged out anthem after anthem.

Mindless pap - and there you have it. Nobody will ever agree about music.

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

never.

Oasis from 94-96 were a revelation, and banged out anthem after anthem.

Meh - were they really? I don't think so. Saw them in the eraly days at the Wherehouse twice, supporting BMX Bandits and then their own headline gig and they were REALLY dull. Everything about them was a cliche. They were just a re-hash of the Madchester scene given a sprinkle of dull 70's MOR rock rather than dance beats.

Fair play to them they got rich, but you don't get that rich by being a "revelation" you get that rich by being bland enough to appeal to the masses who like their music to be safe and happy to follow the herd

Call me one of the herd, I bloody love oasis. But the best band I ever saw live were the food fighters a couple of years ago. 

Oooooohhhhh-oh-woah, ooooooooohhhhhh-oh-woah. 

Good times. 

Means going to see them again this year, but Dave went and broke his leg. And then my wife was busy having a baby when they rescheduled. Stupid universe. 

Always thought of Foo Fighters as a good singles band. I loved most of the singles, but couldn't really get on with the rest of the tracks on an album. I did try. Made some excellent videos too. Times like these would probably make it onto my desert island. Oasis, very hard to like as the brothers both come across as such *****. I do love The importance of being idle though. 

• 1 year later...

I can probably only name a couple of foo fighters songs although I recognise their sound when I hear them on the radio. My favourite band is Arcade Fire but none of my mates have a clue who they are or would recognise any of their  songs so I guess it's just all down to taste. I'd still opt for any proper band than any of this dross that gets in the charts these days, apart from Ed Sheeran and Rag n bone man, I have no idea who these people are and who they are "featuring" this week

2 hours ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

I can probably only name a couple of foo fighters songs although I recognise their sound when I hear them on the radio. My favourite band is Arcade Fire but none of my mates have a clue who they are or would recognise any of their  songs so I guess it's just all down to taste. I'd still opt for any proper band than any of this dross that gets in the charts these days, apart from Ed Sheeran and Rag n bone man, I have no idea who these people are and who they are "featuring" this week

I am an Arcade Fire fan - my favourite band.

On 17/12/2015 at 07:06, Boycie said:

Can't agree.

Id love to see them.

all these bands that are better probably don't want mass air play, or the fans don't.

lots of fans of the stuff that most people don't hear like it that way, I know coconut follows his favorite bands religiously and feel he likes it that way.

Me and my brother went to Ozzfest at Milton Keynes in 98 and Foo Fighters were a late addition replacing(I can't remember).

Anyway,we'd not heard of them so gave it a miss:blink:.

What a pair of tw*ts.

Love them now.

Not a patch on DC though.

Archived