Foo Fighters

Mostyn6

Why do they get so much air time?

Has there ever been such a bang average middle of the road band? churning out uninspiring and forgettable song after uninspiring and forgettable song?

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate them, and I actually love Dave Grohl as a character and a musician, but there are hundreds, if not thousands of bands out there who are just as bang average, if not better, that get no airplay whatsoever!

I've had the inconvenience of being unable to listen to anything other than Radio 1 on the daily commute over last 2 weeks, and am convinced there's an agenda. 

Whilst it's good that guitar bands get exposure, there are surely more deserving bands out there.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Why do they get so much air time?

Has there ever been such a bang average middle of the road band? churning out uninspiring and forgettable song after uninspiring and forgettable song?

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate them, and I actually love Dave Grohl as a character and a musician, but there are hundreds, if not thousands of bands out there who are just as bang average, if not better, that get no airplay whatsoever!

I've had the inconvenience of being unable to listen to anything other than Radio 1 on the daily commute over last 2 weeks, and am convinced there's an agenda. 

Whilst it's good that guitar bands get exposure, there are surely more deserving bands out there.

Oasis?

Can't agree.

Id love to see them.

all these bands that are better probably don't want mass air play, or the fans don't.

lots of fans of the stuff that most people don't hear like it that way, I know coconut follows his favorite bands religiously and feel he likes it that way.

Just now, Boycie said:

True.

just shows its all down to taste I guess.

I can almost guarantee you've been in the pub with your mates drunkenly singing "Sooooooooooo Sally can waitttttttttt........she knows it's too late......", and that there is the difference.

Foo Fighters are prolific, yet I couldn't name a song and doubt I could sing along.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I can almost guarantee you've been in the pub with your mates drunkenly singing "Sooooooooooo Sally can waitttttttttt........she knows it's too late......", and that there is the difference.

Foo Fighters are prolific, yet I couldn't name a song and doubt I could sing along.

Is it because you need to be drunk to appreciate them?

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Skin and bones.

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What's good about anthems? 

Oasis were nothing but perveyors of horrible overblown music and some of the worst lyrics ever. 

And they seemingly had trouble thinking up their own titles. 

why are you talking about Oasis? They don't even exist now.

8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Didn't you ask a question about bang average bands?

yes, but there was a second part of the question, about banging out uninspiring and forgettable songs. You're just being awkward if you cannot acknowledge that, despite them becoming an annoyance and irrelevance in latter years, Oasis did have a few good songs.

I hear a lot of people say Foo Fighters haven't made a good album since their first.

but it's surely all about opinions right?

unless you look at sales, then you can see which sold more than the rest.  I would say the recent album probably sold well.

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

yes, but there was a second part of the question, about banging out uninspiring and forgettable songs. You're just being awkward if you cannot acknowledge that, despite them becoming an annoyance and irrelevance in latter years, Oasis did have a few good songs.

You've only got yourself to blame. 

Somehow, I didn't actually think the original post was designed to elicit other people's opinions but only agreement. 

For the record, I don't quite get the Foo Fighters thing but for bang average one needs to look no further than Brit pop. 

Archived