Star Wars

Day

58 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

That looks good, i dont sort of get that a lightweight suit will do the job for battles wheras he needs a great big lumbering thing just for pottering around.

he'd need mobility more if he is on a battlefield, improved vision etc...

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 hour ago, davenportram said:

he'd need mobility more if he is on a battlefield, improved vision etc...

Yeah i get that, but if they can make a suit for him suitable for battle which is less bulky, why would he have to wear such a bulky suit for normal everyday activities? If that is suitable for the battlefield then surely its suitable for everyday activities too? Why does he have to don a big bulky suit when just pottering around?

18 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah i get that, but if they can make a suit for him suitable for battle which is less bulky, why would he have to wear such a bulky suit for normal everyday activities? If that is suitable for the battlefield then surely its suitable for everyday activities too? Why does he have to don a big bulky suit when just pottering around?

As he has got older and weaker he has needed the extra support to help him?

23 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

maybe the suit provides extras protection and help that he needs long term, but he can manage without it for short periods.

Sith Happens
31 minutes ago, rynny said:

As he has got older and weaker he has needed the extra support to help him?

He was wearing he 'bulky' one at the end of ROTS though.

Sith Happens
25 minutes ago, davenportram said:

maybe the suit provides extras protection and help that he needs long term, but he can manage without it for short periods.

I dont think it will be him, will be someone else, if vader is in this film it wont be a big role i dont think. I think if they put the likes of vader in it in a big role it will take away from the main charachters.

Yeah - thinking about it, A New Hope starts with Vader tracking down the stolen plans, so it's unlikely he'd have been too involved in things until it became apparent the plans were stolen and the Empire needed to get their prime Sith lord on the case.

So I guess it depends at what point in Rogue One they pull off the snatch. I'd guess the final scene could be Vader getting the call-out.

Maybe that's it - he's took his suit off for bed. He gets called in the middle of the night on the holophone and is wearing his dressing gown

I cant remember how old I was .. probably about 15,  but the original New Hope took up where Thunderbirds stopped.

I mean they had real people and real ray guns and light sabres. I was in heaven (at the time ) .. but I watched it again with my 12 year old niece a few months back  and couldn't believe how clunky it all was and some of the dialogue was awesomely painful.

It is a mix of "hey we weren't much more than kids" and the SFX were ground breaking at the time ... if you'd grown up with Robots being men waddling around in cardboard suits with coat hangers sticking out of their heads and flying saucers dangling on visible strings  .. then a 1970's X-wing straffing and Imperial star destroyer was just ...... :blink: !

like orange squash from a plastic beaker versus a tequlla shot slurped from a Brazilian ladies cleavage ( not that I've ever done the latter )

• 8 months later...

Initial reactions to Rogue One sound good. Better than The Force Awakens apparently. Kevin Smith even says it's Empire Strikes Back levels of quality. We'll see. 

The review embargo lifts about 10pm tonight I think. There's a lot riding on this doing well I think in terms of how many more standalone films they do.

Anyone going when it comes out?

21 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Initial reactions to Rogue One sound good. Better than The Force Awakens apparently. Kevin Smith even says it's Empire Strikes Back levels of quality. We'll see. 

The review embargo lifts about 10pm tonight I think. There's a lot riding on this doing well I think in terms of how many more standalone films they do.

Hope so. Will definitely go and see it but probably not until some time between Christmas & New year. Just don't have a free evening until Chrimbo.

22 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I will go, not booked yet as not as excited as i was last year.

Hope as a spin off its better than caravan of courage :)

I've had an uneasy feeling this might be crap, so to hear such glowing reviews is very relieving. But most of the reviews have come from massive Star Wars fans, so I'm taking them with a pinch of salt.

Not sure when I'll get to see it, obviously doesn't compare to the anticipation levels of Ep7 so I certainly won't be popping along at midnight.

Just waiting for that Ep8 title and teaser that'll hopefully be arriving around the end of Rogue One's run in cinemas...

14 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I wouldn't mind them remaking it one day but less poo. It probably wouldn't be canon but I could pretend 

less poo..so about 3 minutes long then

Archived