Derby County v Bristol City

Day

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clement the manager and hopefully he's got this one right. Looks strange to me though, would make more sense if Butters and BJ were the 2 and Hendrick was in the centre of the 3 advanced players. 

One things for sure it's going to give Bristol a headache as I bet they have set their game plan up for the 4-3-3. 

Maybe also a bit of a kick up the arris for Martin and Thorne ahead of Ipswich. 

Very attacking.... Brizzle have a weak defence according to their fan on this forum. We just need to get the ball upfield... What's up with thorne?

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

Ince is better out wide, Clement has said how Weimann's natural position isn't out wide so if expect him to be behind Bent.....will know each other well 

I like the idea of Weimann more central but just don't think he's creative enough to play behind a central striker ! 

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

I like the idea of Weimann more central but just don't think he's creative enough to play behind a central striker ! 

Doesn't really have to be creative as such, create space for Bent

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Very attacking.... Brizzle have a weak defence according to their fan on this forum. We just need to get the ball upfield... What's up with thorne?

It's a busy Christmas programme - I reckon that nobody will play every game.

21 minutes ago, eddie said:

Bookmarked

Seeing as you'll be ever so quick to tell me I'm wrong at full-time if it works out , if it doesn't will you be just as quick to tell me I was right to think it's unbalanced?

it's not really the two up top that bothers me, it's Hendrick in a midfield two with no natural holding midfielder behind him to mop up for his mistakes. This isn't me picking on him by the way...

But he's a much better player in a midfield three and the furthest forward. 

I wouldn't call it dropping Martin or Thorne, purely using our squad. Says a lot about how far we've come for some to be annoyed at the team we've put out.

If we win, it's a cracking decision as we'll go into a very tough game with arguably our two most influential players rested before what's going to be a very busy Christmas period. If we don't win a lot of people will have some things to say Clement. I think it's a clever move, it's certainly not a weak side.

Plus if we smash them we have our elusive plan B ;)

Archived