Derby County v Bristol City

Day

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Between now and the end of the season, we will lose a game against a team in the bottom half. As will the other teams going for promotion.

You can expect to win from a frivolous perspective as the odds are of course in our favour, we are the better team. But a loss does not mean we're not promotion material. 

What why are you so negative about playing Bristol City at that home??????

You are sounding as through you would be happy losing the game, cannot work you out!

Lets us talk about the result after the match has finished and let us remain positive.

Bristol City at home is a very winnable game...............

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

Keep Freeman quite and a win will follow,like the Forest match,I am confident.of  a result,

Like the forest game cannot treat it as a friendly .Lessons will have been learned and we move on

He's actually one of our worst players this season. Kodjia is your main concern, and then our set pieces. What are Derby like in regards to height?

34 minutes ago, super rams said:

What why are you so negative about playing Bristol City at that home??????

You are sounding as through you would be happy losing the game, cannot work you out!

Lets us talk about the result after the match has finished and let us remain positive.

Bristol City at home is a very winnable game...............

I think we will win, all I'm trying to say is I think your view on football is restrictive and leads to you posting knee-jerk negativity when we don't win games. Even when we do win some games.

53 minutes ago, super rams said:

Let us get some prospective here, we are sitting 4th and Bristol City are 19th, we have accumulated twice as many points as them in less than half a season - you cannot have much faith in the Derby team if you are not expecting a win.

If we cannot beat the like of Bristol City at home, then we surely do not deserve to be in the promotion race.

When we are in the promotion race we should be expecting to win most games- otherwise we wouldn't be in the promotion race.

But since the beginning of November we have only collected 3 more points than they have! Which to me means they have improved and should not be judged on their early form. Either way it makes no difference because we know that neither Clement or the team will be underestimating them.

17 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Loved fielding at DCFC. Treated unfairly IMO. Kicking wasn't great and he wasn't the most commanding of keepers but he was the best shot stopper we had since Poom 

I liked Fielding, he's probably behind Carson in shot stoppers since Poom, but I don't think he was treated unfairly. At least, I don't think anyone really knows enough to be sure either way, but I think Grant is a better all-round keeper and so I think it made sense that he was listed. He clearly isn't the type to want to be a backup, hence his transfer to us in the first place.

38 minutes ago, ossieram said:

But since the beginning of November we have only collected 3 more points than they have! Which to me means they have improved and should not be judged on their early form. Either way it makes no difference because we know that neither Clement or the team will be underestimating them.

Didn't Brizzle win at Boro? These things happen. We must be 1005 professional and give them total respect. As Arthur used to say "you have to earn the right...."

34 minutes ago, harryram said:

Can't take this game as a routine win but we should have way to much for Bristol City especially at home the table don't lie.

We should do, I think we should have for Brighton as well but we've hardly been firing lately. Would say we've never got out of 2nd gear for most recent games.

18 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

We should do, I think we should have for Brighton as well but we've hardly been firing lately. Would say we've never got out of 2nd gear for most recent games.

Think the only occasion in which we have left 2nd gear was the Wolves game at home..

That said, it's done us well this far!

Afternoon gents

About to leave work in a little bit to head up the M1 for my first visit to Derby County.

Ive been up your way before to see the two Nottingham sides but this is my first visit to your hood - so far I have positive results coming out of the East Midlands but think this will be the toughest test yet.

On our day we can - and have beaten anyone - we can actually knock it about nicely and attack down the wing with Bennett and have good pace with Kodjia to score.

However - and this is the big however - we can defend like the fking keystone cops at times. The defending at Rotherham was fking atrocious and we went from being the better team by far in the first 20 mins to being beaten 3-0 by a terrible Rotherham side.....

I am thinking our usual come out the blocks like a standard Cotterill side may not be on tonight. I mean I look at that Derby side and I think its pretty damn good. Kodjia aside I am not sure who we have who would make the squad, Kodjia wouldn't even be a starter yet for you.

So anyway - we beat Boro away (I didn't make that game but cant help but think they took us lightly) and we drew with Hull so a point v Derby would not be beyond the realms of fantasy.

I am coming up the M1 though under no illusions of massive wins.....

Here's to a good game and on to the club that gave us Arthur Cox, Brian Clough, Dean Saunders, Paul Jewell etc etc

10 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Think the only occasion in which we have left 2nd gear was the Wolves game at home..

That said, it's done us well this far!

Only game we got going totally agree. I'm taking stock from last season, the best teams in the end turned it on after Christmas. Watford the last 15 games...

@Kaiser-BCFC

Safe journey up and back down that M1 mate, it can be torturous at times.

Think Clement has a good attitude toward this one, just hope that rubs off on the team - I can't see us making Boro's mistake in underestimating you. Can't say I've watched any Bristol City games.. but I hear 3-5-2, which could play into our hands if your wingbacks don't do their fair share.

38 minutes ago, Kaiser-BCFC said:

Afternoon gents

About to leave work in a little bit to head up the M1 for my first visit to Derby County.

Ive been up your way before to see the two Nottingham sides but this is my first visit to your hood - so far I have positive results coming out of the East Midlands but think this will be the toughest test yet.

On our day we can - and have beaten anyone - we can actually knock it about nicely and attack down the wing with Bennett and have good pace with Kodjia to score.

However - and this is the big however - we can defend like the fking keystone cops at times. The defending at Rotherham was fking atrocious and we went from being the better team by far in the first 20 mins to being beaten 3-0 by a terrible Rotherham side.....

I am thinking our usual come out the blocks like a standard Cotterill side may not be on tonight. I mean I look at that Derby side and I think its pretty damn good. Kodjia aside I am not sure who we have who would make the squad, Kodjia wouldn't even be a starter yet for you.

So anyway - we beat Boro away (I didn't make that game but cant help but think they took us lightly) and we drew with Hull so a point v Derby would not be beyond the realms of fantasy.

I am coming up the M1 though under no illusions of massive wins.....

Here's to a good game and on to the club that gave us Arthur Cox, Brian Clough, Dean Saunders, Paul Jewell etc etc

Enjoy the game be interesting to hear your comments afterwards,can't see you getting anything from the game other than cold feet and poor service from catering at the ipro ?

On 14/12/2015 at 12:27, TheDeadlySaul said:

Hendrick doesn't lack effort or desire, but is just an incredibly stupid footballer. He will switch off in games and  his decision making is terribly poor. 

The lad has quality and can bring a lot to our team, but his inconsistency will be his downfall. 

In fact i think he does lack effort and desire at times....and that is the basis of his problem.  I don't know where the accusation of stupidity is coming from.  A lack of concentration again suggests a lack of commitment rather than a lack of intelligence.  I agree though, there is quality there...lurking underneath.

20 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Enjoy the game be interesting to hear your comments afterwards,can't see you getting anything from the game other than cold feet and poor service from catering at the ipro ?

A random selection of ex Rams from bcfc... Brian Clough and Paul jewell in the same sentence only really makes sense from the best to the worst. 

Archived