Derby County v Bristol City

Day

Very easy game last night. You can only beat whats infront of you.

Grant 8- I can only remember him doing 2 things. Smothering a shot in the first half and getting a good punch on a corner in the second. For the most part he could have pulled up a chair and read the paper. One of the easiest nights he will have. 

Christie 9- I thought he was brilliant last night. 

Keogh 8- Easy nights work. Is the fact that Grant has nothing to do a testament to good defending? Or that Bristol City were woeful. Maybe a bit of both. 

Shackell 8- Same as Keogh. 

Warnock 8- Solid as per usual. Got forward as well. 

Johnson 6- Not the best night for Bradley last night. But he works his socks off and never shys away. 

Hendrick 5- Anonymous. Again done absolutely nothing to suggest he warrants a start. If Bryson gets fit and with Hughes nearing fitness id consider selling him. 

Russell 8- I thought Russell was very good last night. Purposeful running. Didnt give it away really. Topped off with a brilliant header. 

Weimann 7- Was ok last night. Didnt do a massive amount. But does work very hard. 

Ince 10- His first career hat trick. He deserves a 10 for that alone. His first goal was so so good. His work rate was superb as well. Tracked back and won the ball back several times. 

Bent 7- I find it so hard to judge Bent. He only had 1 chance last night and hit the bar. But he didnt get much service from midfield or get the balls that he thrives on. Very good and clever off the ball running to create space for others though. 

Subs- 

Baird 7- Solid and a good cross for Russell to get the 4th.

Thorne 7- Just oozes class and added some steel and control to our midfield. 

Butterfield 8- I thought he was brilliant in the 15 minutes he was on. Deserves an 8 for that run alone. 

All in all a straight forward nights work. Good we can rest a few. On to a very tricky game at Ipswich..

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Stats say we had 32 crosses... Did they make us or was it chosen tactic? Both would be arguable as a good choice!

Fielding is poor with crosses and our fullbacks are poor in crossing...except Baird.

Yes I think clem must have showed them videos of fielding trying to deal with crosses.

13 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

The Xmas schedule is not busy as busy as usual.

We are playing on Saturday, then have 7 days before Boxing Day Saturday. We play Tuesday (Leeds only get 2 days rest) then we play Saturday. The following Saturday we have FA cup.

True,but he may be considering that 2 of those are Ipswich and M'Boro' away.

30 minutes ago, CBE said:

Dull game, dull performance only aided by two deflections/poor keeping. We have hardly turned the corner, the midfield problems and who to play up front will still be with us in the New Year.

Cheer up a bit ! .. Yes first hour was dull and frustrating lifted only by a twinkle of Ince magic but the last 30 mins was massively enjoyable. We moved up a spot in the league. The leaders dropped points and we have seen how Bent can disrupt a back four. Confirmed again that Thorne is a maestro when pulling strings from deep. We have a player who scored a hat trick playing with the team and as an individual ... Oh yes and we won 4-0. Add to that the rain almost stopped for the walk home. 

I thought it was a decent performance. We closed down really well was nice to see Bent up there chasing every ball along with the other players worked well. I think we was always going to score. The singing was dreadful it's getting worse and worse must be the weather.

People around me saying 2-0 up and we're not even singing. Was it because we expected to beat them or?

4 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I thought it was a decent performance. We closed down really well was nice to see Bent up there chasing every ball along with the other players worked well. I think we was always going to score. The singing was dreadful it's getting worse and worse must be the weather.

People around me saying 2-0 up and we're not even singing. Was it because we expected to beat them or?

They brought all of 10 fans, and it's always difficult in a game you expect to walk.

13 hours ago, FunkyRam said:

10 minutes ago, Ziga Zaga10 said:

Can someone post a video of the goals. I'm in Thailand and it won't allow Sky Sports clips on the net over here.

45 minutes ago, Srg said:

They brought all of 10 fans, and it's always difficult in a game you expect to walk.

Hats off to them. Not sure I'd like to drive up from Bristol on a wet Tuesday for a match we'd get tonked, likely as not.

Mind you, I'm a plastic half fan.

1 hour ago, CBE said:

Dull game, dull performance only aided by two deflections/poor keeping. We have hardly turned the corner, the midfield problems and who to play up front will still be with us in the New Year.

What corner was there to turn? We were still doing well, and we managed to comprehensively beat a side in our league without Martin or Thorne, who many attribute both's absence last season to our downfall.

They may have been poor on the night but they've beaten Boro away, so it was by no means a sure thing. I've seen too many times where 'poor' sides come to defend at our place and grinding out a draw or even beating us. I'm very pleased with the 4-0 victory regardless of Bristol City's performance. I'm more bothered about our own. 

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Has anyone seen Cotterill's interview after the game.........Weird or what! Sorry no link but I'm sure someone can if interested.

I love the youtube comment:

Liambcfc 2580 : Im not encouraged paying 150quid for a season ticket + away games for this poor excuse for a team

Is he aware they got promoted? £150 for a season ticket in this league is either a fabulous deal, or you should be prepared for a likely relegation battle.

Great to see Bent given a start and he didn't disappoint we now have a plan B,but still involves thorne. Let's hope the result PEPs up the squad ready for Ipswich a real chance for us to top the table over Christmas and re install completion for places that had become a little predictable

Archived