Day

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant

Christie Keogh Shackell Warnock

Hendrick Thorne Butterfield

Ince         Martin  Russell   

Johnson was poor against Brighton and failed to link up play with Martin and Hendrick will try and take his opportunity to cement his place in the first team.

They've got some dangerous players like Kojida, but they have been awful defensively and hopefully it should be a comfortable win.

Gonna go for a controversial change of formation:

Carson

Christie        Keogh          Shackell     Warnock

Thorne      Butterfield
                             Ince                                                   Johnson

Martin
                                                      Bent

Two games in quick succession; low energy levels in the first. I think it's time to rotate, freshening up some of the positions and making use of the large squad.

• Hendrick in for midfield energy.
  • Baird to get a run out at left back.
  • Russell swaps with Weimann.
  • Bent to get at least half an hour.

Sadly, I assume that Carson's not going to be fit so I would look at:

Grant

Christie      Keogh      Shackell      Baird

Thorne

Hendrick     Johnson

Ince      Martin      Russell

Bench: Mitchell, Shotton, Warnock, Weimann, Bent, Butterfield, Hanson

I'd actually be tempted to play Johnson in a wide role too, in place of Weimann. Focusing attacks down our right and getting ball ino the box, he could prove a real threat in the box.

Weimann just frustrates me, he is very much a Jamie Mackie clone. He looks like he's got a great first touch and swivvel on him, but he's so powderpuff and rarely links up well when the ball is at his feet.

I cannot remember the last time I saw Weimann actually beat a man like a proper wide player. 

On the game, we can't pass up more opportunities at home. Winning only 5/10 home games is poor, especially for a side seeking automatic promotion.

4 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Staggered anyone who went yesterday and watched Hendrick's half hearted cameo want him to start. 

The bloke is a liability. 

Butterfield was equally poor. Johnson was worse than both of them. I agree though, I don't think Jeff is an impact player at all. He builds his way into games. I'd like to see him start on Tuesday, personally. With a hectic list coming up, using the squad will be important. 

Presumably Carson won't be fit, so will have to stick with Grant unfortunately. I'd love to give Mitchell a go, personally. 

I'd bring in Jeff for Johnson, as he was so poor on Saturday. Other than that, I wouldn't change it. 

5 hours ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Butterfield was equally poor. Johnson was worse than both of them. I agree though, I don't think Jeff is an impact player at all. He builds his way into games. I'd like to see him start on Tuesday, personally. With a hectic list coming up, using the squad will be important. 

Its not the playing poor bit that gets me mate. Every player will have a bad game. Its the lack of effort that really gets me. 

Hendrick did not want to be out there on Saturday. 

Watch that 2nd goal again mate. But watch Hendrick the whole time. 

His lack of effort and desire to run their player down and try and win the ball back is awful. 

36 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Its not the playing poor bit that gets me mate. Every player will have a bad game. Its the lack of effort that really gets me. 

Hendrick did not want to be out there on Saturday. 

Watch that 2nd goal again mate. But watch Hendrick the whole time. 

His lack of effort and desire to run their player down and try and win the ball back is awful. 

For anyone who doesn't want to bother, he very weakly loses the ball on our side of the center circle and then as the ball hits the back of our net, he just about arrives at the edge of the box. Pretty awful.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

For anyone who doesn't want to bother, he very weakly loses the ball on our side of the center circle and then as the ball hits the back of our net, he just about arrives at the edge of the box. Pretty awful.

Exactly mate. It was a combination of Hendrick and Johnson that gave it away. So not blaming Hendrick for that. 

But there was no desire to win it back. Im not saying I expect him to win the ball back either. But at least make it look like you want to. 

The more you watch it, the worse it looks.

Archived