Derby County v Bristol City

Day

3 hours ago, ossieram said:
3 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Didn't Brizzle win at Boro? These things happen. We must be 1005 professional and give them total respect. As Arthur used to say "you have to earn the right...."

But since the beginning of November we have only collected 3 more points than they have! Which to me means they have improved and should not be judged on their early form. Either way it makes no difference because we know that neither Clement or the team will be underestimating them.

They have just been hammered 3-0 at Rotherham, - this Bristol City side, I guarantee will not be fighting for promotion this season - this is a very winnable game.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kaiser-BCFC said:

Afternoon gents

About to leave work in a little bit to head up the M1 for my first visit to Derby County.

Ive been up your way before to see the two Nottingham sides but this is my first visit to your hood - so far I have positive results coming out of the East Midlands but think this will be the toughest test yet.

On our day we can - and have beaten anyone - we can actually knock it about nicely and attack down the wing with Bennett and have good pace with Kodjia to score.

However - and this is the big however - we can defend like the fking keystone cops at times. The defending at Rotherham was fking atrocious and we went from being the better team by far in the first 20 mins to being beaten 3-0 by a terrible Rotherham side.....

I am thinking our usual come out the blocks like a standard Cotterill side may not be on tonight. I mean I look at that Derby side and I think its pretty damn good. Kodjia aside I am not sure who we have who would make the squad, Kodjia wouldn't even be a starter yet for you.

So anyway - we beat Boro away (I didn't make that game but cant help but think they took us lightly) and we drew with Hull so a point v Derby would not be beyond the realms of fantasy.

I am coming up the M1 though under no illusions of massive wins.....

Here's to a good game and on to the club that gave us Arthur Cox, Brian Clough, Dean Saunders, Paul Jewell etc etc

Have a safe but disappointing journey.. 

And I have never heard of this Kodjia that keeps getting mentioned. Nailed on he scores tonight now. 

Let's not take our foot off the gas tonight,and remember most teams in this division are more than capable of beating one another on their day.with Ince being medeocre for most of the season,Martin off the boil and the last two games being draws we shouldn't be taking this game for granted,,its a cold dark wet miserable evening not the best of conditions to be outside running About in a pair of shorts when you have the luxurious home life of a well paid footballer.Let's hope Clement has got the lads up for this one ,yes it should be a comfortable home win with other teams around and us having more difficult opponents  good chance to get closer to pole position 3points no injuries a clean sheet and a few goals COYR 3.0

Afternoon gents

About to leave work in a little bit to head up the M1 for my first visit to Derby County.

Ive been up your way before to see the two Nottingham sides but this is my first visit to your hood - so far I have positive results coming out of the East Midlands but think this will be the toughest test yet.

On our day we can - and have beaten anyone - we can actually knock it about nicely and attack down the wing with Bennett and have good pace with Kodjia to score.

However - and this is the big however - we can defend like the fking keystone cops at times. The defending at Rotherham was fking atrocious and we went from being the better team by far in the first 20 mins to being beaten 3-0 by a terrible Rotherham side.....

I am thinking our usual come out the blocks like a standard Cotterill side may not be on tonight. I mean I look at that Derby side and I think its pretty damn good. Kodjia aside I am not sure who we have who would make the squad, Kodjia wouldn't even be a starter yet for you.

So anyway - we beat Boro away (I didn't make that game but cant help but think they took us lightly) and we drew with Hull so a point v Derby would not be beyond the realms of fantasy.

Here's to a good game and on to the club that gave us Arthur Cox, Brian Clough, Dean Saunders, Paul Jewell etc etc

Paul Jewell????? Are you trying to be funny?

Afternoon gents

Prepare yourself for the worst, my friend. Here's what a Brighton fan thinks of our stadium.

"yesterday was like watching a game of football in a stadium with facilities from the dark ages. Camped into plastic seats in a dingy corner, the most unpleasant dull colour scheme I've ever seen in a football stadium ( no wonder the good people of Derby look so miserable), Toilet facilities one would expect to find in down town Baghdad, narrow stairways, terrible food and a cramped club shop."

Make sure you bring some carbolic soap and rubber gloves with you.

Yeah I might take the Jewell one off....

i was just randomly thinking of people and I remember him being in charge that's all. I can't remember much about his reign.

He came down to our place with Wigan and acted like a right ****.

i probably should have maybe put McLaren?!

Anyway I have no idea what to expect tonight from the stadium. Looks nice on the pic on the City website anyway...

22 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Prepare yourself for the worst, my friend. Here's what a Brighton fan thinks of our stadium.

"yesterday was like watching a game of football in a stadium with facilities from the dark ages. Camped into plastic seats in a dingy corner, the most unpleasant dull colour scheme I've ever seen in a football stadium ( no wonder the good people of Derby look so miserable), Toilet facilities one would expect to find in down town Baghdad, narrow stairways, terrible food and a cramped club shop."

Make sure you bring some carbolic soap and rubber gloves with you.

Aye, we're a third world country up here. All the Brighton fan wanted was a cushion.

Lad in our office went up to your place with Watford (local side to where I'm based) and he thought it was alright.

Then again Vicaridge Rd is what he's used to....

Only other guide for tonight was a kid in the warehouse from Nottingham.

His view on Derby County in general was just a row of expletives though. Safe to say he doesn't particularly like the club haha

Anyway back on the journey. I'll post a differing view to you guys after the game.

Hoping Frankie Fielding has a blinder tonight!!!!

I hope Fielding gets a good reception for his contributions for the club.

I'll never forget it was he who paved the way for our laughable win at Forest, getting sent off after three minutes!

Like Camp, I do feel he is too small for a keeper though. No doubt a great shot-stopper, but dodgy from crosses and susceptible to high shots.

29 minutes ago, Kaiser-BCFC said:

Lad in our office went up to your place with Watford (local side to where I'm based) and he thought it was alright.

Then again Vicaridge Rd is what he's used to....

Only other guide for tonight was a kid in the warehouse from Nottingham.

His view on Derby County in general was just a row of expletives though. Safe to say he doesn't particularly like the club haha

Anyway back on the journey. I'll post a differing view to you guys after the game.

Hoping Frankie Fielding has a blinder tonight!!!!

Just out of interest does that kid in the warehouse live in the past?

1 minute ago, Reithe glas said:

A routine win, what I wouldn't give for a routine win. No stress, everyone playing well, early goal, push on, get the second goal, cruise home. Mmmmm routine win.

Did you just become erect?

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 15:50, YorkshireRam said:

Gonna go for a controversial change of formation:

Carson

Christie        Keogh          Shackell     Warnock

Thorne      Butterfield
                             Ince                                                   Johnson

Martin
                                                      Bent

3-1-2-1-1-1-1.

Archived