Sheff Wed v Derby County

Day

1 minute ago, aussieowl87 said:

Today for us (Wednesday) sums up why we will be scrapping for the last playoff place at absolute best. 

Yes we're a big improvement on seasons gone by but we aren't taking half chances that top teams do. 

Fair play to you guys today, personally don't think either team played particularly well. We didn't really give you anything to think about. I certainly think you'll finish top 8. 

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point in the end but a very lackluster performance. A combination of Wednesday playing well I think and executing a game plan and us not really ever getting out of first gear. A draw was a fair result. Hope we can pull something out of the bag for Brighton now, we will have to do much better that is for sure.

We were second best for large parts by the sounds of it. Draw was a fair result.  Should have given more than we offered. A decent away point, and a clean sheet, but we need to find a way to pick up our game when we are playing against teams that press. 

Arrogant performance. 

You think you can turn up and stroke the ball about and the opponents will melt. 

With the exception of a couple, the team should be furious with that. A good team that didn't show any of what they're good at. 

Another clean sheet, and a good away point.  Wednesday aren't a bad team, and teams are not going to roll over and let us play, despite some fans expecting them to do so.

I think we really need to take the 3 points off Brighton now. Our aim should be top 2 and we don't want to go 7 points behind them. With the game at home next week and with Brighton probably looking to play their own game rather than stifle us, can't see why we can't win it. 

3 minutes ago, Stimacked said:

We were second best for large parts by the sounds of it. Draw was a fair result.  Should have given more than we offered. A decent away point, and a clean sheet, but we need to find a way to pick up our game when we are playing against teams that press

Totally agree!

4 pts off Brighton now, so we have to beat them next week.....

Poor performance. Our passing was really off, and our wingers were terrible.

Sheff Wed were the better team, but they created very little as our defence were superb. 0-0 was a fair result, neither team deserved to score a goal.

Butterfield was very quiet too, and Martin was average in possession.

If we're going to strengthen in January, we need to be looking at a new winger. I know our wingers work hard and offer decent defensive shape, but they're poor on the ball and real powderpuff.

4 minutes ago, aussieowl87 said:

Today for us (Wednesday) sums up why we will be scrapping for the last playoff place at absolute best. 

Yes we're a big improvement on seasons gone by but we aren't taking half chances that top teams do. 

So, drawing away to a team that pushing hard for a playoff spot, and one which are scoring plenty in the league means that "we'll be scrapping for the last playoff place at best". What on Earth are you on? 

We are one of the top teams in goals scored, and the best by goals conceded, and looking more solid by the week. We're equal top on clean sheets and one of the best in terms of games scored in. 

That was a good result today, and we could well have won it. Ultimately it's about just going along well at this point, and picking up points, and we've got what could be a valuable point. 

1 minute ago, valleyram said:

Till he got his permanent contract then nothing 

waste of a jersey to me 

Never understood this way of thinking. Why would he play any worse because he is on a permanent contract or better because he is on loan? He was already on a permanent contract when he was on loan with us so not like he would have been out of work without signing for us?

Stop being so daft.

OMG that was frustrating. We made even 6 yard passes look difficult today and there seemed no urgency to get on the ball.

I am amazed Hendrick didn't get on. His eagerness to run forward .would have helped Martin. But it's the poor form of our wide men which is most concerning. Ince is lightweight, Weimann is just workmanlike and Russell runs into trouble and loses the ball with startling regularity.

A point's a point and it's not all doom and gloom but we could and should have beaten this lot. As it was, I think they edged it over the 90 minutes (in a Tyson Fury style way).

Archived