Sheff Wed v Derby County

Day

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it looks like it's time for my bi-annual trip back to dcfc fans. You'll be pleased to find me in a pessimistic mood - we haven't beaten you lot in yonks and I can't help but feel our mid-week cup defeat will de-rail our season, as it did last year.

Injuries are biting, no more talismanic play from Tom Lees for two months. We've got other defensive injuries but the manager won't bleeding tell us who they are, so don't be surprised if Martin, Ince et al come up against some blokes from the building site round the corner. We're vastly improved going forward but I suspect your defence will be able to cope with Joao, who's hugely talented but raw and probably better coming off the bench. Nuhiu... God knows what we'll get from him if he plays, while Hooper just looks like a bit of a lazy ***.

Not at all surprised to see you where you are in the league, you'll be up there at the end of the year no doubt. Also apologies for Stuart Gray single-handedly ruining your season last year with his kiss of death, seem to remember him saying you were nailed on to go up after you beat us and you promptly went on that horrendous run :D

Can't see past a 3-1 defeat for us today but oh well... May the best team win.

11 minutes ago, groundhopping_owl said:

Well it looks like it's time for my bi-annual trip back to dcfc fans. You'll be pleased to find me in a pessimistic mood - we haven't beaten you lot in yonks and I can't help but feel our mid-week cup defeat will de-rail our season, as it did last year.

Injuries are biting, no more talismanic play from Tom Lees for two months. We've got other defensive injuries but the manager won't bleeding tell us who they are, so don't be surprised if Martin, Ince et al come up against some blokes from the building site round the corner. We're vastly improved going forward but I suspect your defence will be able to cope with Joao, who's hugely talented but raw and probably better coming off the bench. Nuhiu... God knows what we'll get from him if he plays, while Hooper just looks like a bit of a lazy ***.

Not at all surprised to see you where you are in the league, you'll be up there at the end of the year no doubt. Also apologies for Stuart Gray single-handedly ruining your season last year with his kiss of death, seem to remember him saying you were nailed on to go up after you beat us and you promptly went on that horrendous run :D

Can't see past a 3-1 defeat for us today but oh well... May the best team win.

Park the bus it is then...arrrrrghhhhh!

12 minutes ago, TETRA said:

A you sure on that, we'll see won't we. He has a habit of the odd mistake if I remember.

F*ck me, someone over the course of pretty much 70 consecutive games made the odd mistake?! Release him, I say.

Just because he had a few blunders, doesn't mean he isn't still a very good Championship keeper, we're very lucky to have him as a back-up when compared to some other teams back ups.

Poor first-half from us. Sheffield Wednesday have been much the better team.

It's notable how we have such little pace. Our wingers haven't offered anything, and Sheff Wed have played such a high line knowing we won't get in behind them.

We haven't had any shot of note, were comfortably second best and if it continues like this Wednesday will record probably their easiest win of the season.

Archived