Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Chris Mills

6 hours ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

The way the league is this season if we want top two we need to win every game between now and end of the season, no draws accepted.

If we win every game from now until the last game. Then we draw/lose the last game, and we finish third, I will give you everything I own.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Honestly wouldn't surprise me to see both red carded :lol:

And I expect Lansbury vs Johnson to be a fierce contest as well 

Yeah! 

But Johnson doesn't really seem to lose his temper. He's just hard as nails. Lansbury plays up to the crowd but is a mardy fecker. Easy to wind up

46 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Honestly wouldn't surprise me to see both red carded :lol:

And I expect Lansbury vs Johnson to be a fierce contest as well 

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah! 

But Johnson doesn't really seem to lose his temper. He's just hard as nails. Lansbury plays up to the crowd but is a mardy fecker. Easy to wind up

I'm genuinely curious what Forests tactics will be. After Dougie says "I'm happy it's on TV so we can show everyone how well we're playing." - I really really want to see reaction to Forest getting absolutely slaughtered. 

They have the second highest amount of yellows in the league though, I expect some trouble. Ward to go off injured 16 minutes in. 

25 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm genuinely curious what Forests tactics will be. After Dougie says "I'm happy it's on TV so we can show everyone how well we're playing." - I really really want to see reaction to Forest getting absolutely slaughtered. 

They have the second highest amount of yellows in the league though, I expect some trouble. Ward to go off injured 16 minutes in. 

Didn't he say he plans on lumping it to Blackstock because our defenders "won't like being elbowed in the nose"? 

High intensity, take no chances, hit Blackstock, get Ward to work for the second ball, don't let Derby string 5 passes together, stop them by winning the ball if possible but a niggly disruptive foul if you have to. 

I'd bet money that they will approach the game like that. They won't try to play us and I don't think they'll park the bus. They'll make it ugly and use the tension for energy. 

Probably get around 300 passes at most. 65%ish accuracy. Shoot on sight. 

22 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Didn't he say he plans on lumping it to Blackstock because our defenders "won't like being elbowed in the nose"? 

High intensity, take no chances, hit Blackstock, get Ward to work for the second ball, don't let Derby string 5 passes together, stop them by winning the ball if possible but a niggly disruptive foul if you have to. 

I'd bet money that they will approach the game like that. They won't try to play us and I don't think they'll park the bus. They'll make it ugly and use the tension for energy. 

I think that was Kenny Burns who said that. 

24 minutes ago, Alpha said:

JR should "accidentally" recreate his Uwe Rosler moment, but more severely this time. Take the head off the snake....

Awww Rampage .. Yes I said it and I mean it but I did leave myself a get out clause. ! 

What I think we might see is 15/20 minutes of them busting a gut to get the crowd on their side. Resist that, score one and they will implode. We have the players to destroy them if their heads drop. 

One thing for certain, with our new found physical strength it promises to be very feisty. Someone said in the QPR thread that the days of us being shoved off the ball are over and that was a very sound observation IMO.  Hendrick has looked much more potent and Johnson, Butterfield, Hanson have got  a good covering of through hardened armour plate. 

Archived