Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jono said:

Awww Rampage .. Yes I said it and I mean it but I did leave myself a get out clause. ! 

What I think we might see is 15/20 minutes of them busting a gut to get the crowd on their side. Resist that, score one and they will implode. We have the players to destroy them if their heads drop. 

One thing for certain, with our new found physical strength it promises to be very feisty. Someone said in the QPR thread that the days of us being shoved off the ball are over and that was a very sound observation IMO.  Hendrick has looked much more potent and Johnson, Butterfield, Hanson have got  a good covering of through hardened armour plate. 

Show me the way to armadillo, Jono. Last year tortoise a thing or two about toughening up in midfield.I am turtley convinced that we will win easily tomorrow, Jono. Armour believer.

7 hours ago, DesertRam said:

the Mrs ??

No a friend I made at university. Enjoy the game tonight DesertRam. A win will put us top of the league and a draw second in the league. Really want to go top tonight though and then stay there which we never were able to do under McClaren. 

4 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Gutted that didnt get a ticket this time.... 1st forest game missed it ages..... interesting to see chris martin has yet to score against forest home or away to my knowledge.... drop him sell him boooo :p

Sounds like the perfect time for him to go full on beast mode like he did against Wolves to me.

Worst case scenario is Forest win, and in some blind luck or genius moment Fawaz sacks Dougie anyway. That would be put me drown-sorrows mode.

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

To be honest the run we are on has to come to an end sooner or later. I would be really irritated if it happened at Forest, but its not going to ruin our season. There is a lot more riding on this game for Forest than there is for us given the state of them.

Wouldn't mind it coming to an end sometime next season to be honest.

1 hour ago, satty atwal said:

Gutted that didnt get a ticket this time.... 1st forest game missed it ages..... interesting to see chris martin has yet to score against forest home or away to my knowledge.... drop him sell him boooo :p

Never realised that! How has that happened! Sealed it now though... 4 for Martin :D

From the LTLF matchday thread:

I think we can snatch this then immediately go on another winless/goalless run.

My sentiments exactly, I don't want them to win, obviously. But I think they might.

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

From the LTLF matchday thread:

I think we can snatch this then immediately go on another winless/goalless run.

My sentiments exactly, I don't want them to win, obviously. But I think they might.

That's just your own inbuilt expectation stabiliser talking.  We are much the better team and should win. Nothing is ever certain however when teams turn up to their cup final.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That's just your own inbuilt expectation stabiliser talking.  We are much the better team and should win. Nothing is ever certain however when teams turn up to their cup final.

Yeah, you're right of course, but I'm always concerned to play a game as you say where the opponents won't have a bigger game all season (unless they have to save themselves from relegation at some point).

The same concern when really small clubs play us in the cup.

Archived