The Confessional Box

Day

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Non Derby related and sorry to repeat this but I went to watch Man united with my united loving friend when Christiano Ronaldo made his debut...he was all flicks and back heels, I remember telling my mate he won't survive in the premier league and that I could mark him out of the game..

It still does not beat when you told us lance Armstrong had wrongly been accused of drug cheating....B4 would have been pleased with that one :-D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Idiakez said:

Chris Porter. Scored a few goals in a small number of games then got injured for months. All I remember thinking was "we'll be alright once Porter's fit again, he knows where the back of the net is." I was wrong. 

to be fair he was never fit again so we will never know if you were right or not.

3 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

It still does not beat when you told us lance Armstrong had wrongly been accused of drug cheating....B4 would have been pleased with that one :-D

Like Wiggo said.....he was like Santa....everyone wanted to believe, but when you find out he isn't real you think yep, of course he isn't...what was i thinking....?

Players I was pleased to see us sign were

Vas Borbokis - remember seeing him at Sheffield Utd and thinking he was by far the best player on the pitch. We signed him and he suddenly became homesick.

Claude Davis - looked great for Preston and always looked imperious for them against us. Not sure how badly I got that wrong.

The player I hated (and still can't bring myself to like at all) was Marco Gabbiadini.  A useless fat lump up front.

10 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I remember being excited to see Kenny Miller in a Derby shirt, how wrong I was...

We do have him to thank for the wonder goal he scored against Newcastle in 'that' season which ensured our only win (and that we stayed unbeaten against Newcastle).

Got to hold my hands up and admit that I thought Keogh was a busted flush at the start of the season.  I would've had anybody next to Shackell but him.  Now i couldn't be happier that he's bossing it the way he is.

Already said it on another thread but I couldn't see Martin being the success he is.  But that was more to do with the fact I couldn't see Nigel playing any other way than 4-4-2 survival-ball.

Archived