The Confessional Box

Day

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

has @Ninos posted in this thread re: Chris Martin?

I'll admit I was 100% wrong - I focused on the lack of pace and what i perceived to be lack of hustle verging on unfitness and an inability to beat defenders one on one.  He's clearly got a superb silky touch and links the play, a good finisher and makes the attacks fluid. I'm definitely a big fan of Martin and would even say he's brilliant in our 4-3-3 style but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's our best player ... King George gets that by a hair for me. I also think Martin is even better this season than ever before - fitter nimbler even more clever. 

Last season. I thought Richard Keogh was a calamity who could barely tackle without sitting on his backside (I was right). Brilliant work by the new coaches in turning his game round. He is a new player now that he stays on his feet. Great partnership at the back with Shackell. So my confession is that I have nothing to confess, apart from being impressed by Vic Moreland in his first few games. 

11 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I'll admit I was 100% wrong - I focused on the lack of pace and what i perceived to be lack of hustle verging on unfitness and an inability to beat defenders one on one.  He's clearly got a superb silky touch and links the play, a good finisher and makes the attacks fluid. I'm definitely a big fan of Martin and would even say he's brilliant in our 4-3-3 style but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's our best player ... King George gets that by a hair for me. I also think Martin is even better this season than ever before - fitter nimbler even more clever. 

This has just made me wonder, is there anybody who doesn't think Mr Thorne isn't the b0ll0x???

11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

controversially, i didnt think that George Thorne was the amazing singing some on here thought when we chucked a load of money at West Brom, i am still not 100% convinced by him actually.....but like i said, i thought Ronaldo was rubbish....i know nothing about football.

What does 100% convinced even mean?

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

i think he is just ok, not the world beater some think. He plays the easiest position on the pitch (Eustace looked great playing there last season) i just think he is decent enough.

Eustace looked *****, to me. Looked the old, immobile clogger he was.

Guessing you didn't see our game last night? We have to mess around with it at the back so much more without Thorne. Without the player as good as he is coming and getting the ball off the centre backs, it left us employing Butterfield in some odd left wing back position to try and get the ball. That's not forgetting the tackling he does - number 1 in the league in both categories. World beater? Not sure, but one of the best players in the league? Comfortably.

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

Eustace looked *****, to me. Looked the old, immobile clogger he was.

Guessing you didn't see our game last night? We have to mess around with it at the back so much more without Thorne. Without the player as good as he is coming and getting the ball off the centre backs, it left us employing Butterfield in some odd left wing back position to try and get the ball. That's not forgetting the tackling he does - number 1 in the league in both categories. World beater? Not sure, but one of the best players in the league? Comfortably.

Eustace was superb last season for us...

I agree, Thorne looks decent in this division, not sure (would be very surprised) if he could make the step up. 

I remember Ravanelli my 1st season at Derby and he smashed in a free kick. Thought my days this is our season!

The rest was history. I liked Osman never heard of him then saves us by him self and thought Peschisolido was past it again a player who saved us!

4 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

I remember Ravanelli my 1st season at Derby and he smashed in a free kick. Thought my days this is our season!

The rest was history. I liked Osman never heard of him then saves us by him self and thought Peschisolido was past it again a player who saved us!

Aided in part by a coffee cup

Archived