January Transfer Suggestion Thread

needles

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

I don't even think Mel's Millions could convince Lyon or Umtiti to join us (in spite of all the wonderful puns that would follow) Plus I'd rather see Baird, Lowe or Stabana cover until Fozzy returns

I wasn't seriously suggesting we could sign. Just thought his name was funny.

On 13 December 2015 at 01:18, I8Forest78 said:

Just read on sky sports transfer centre that we are favourites to sign Grealish from Villa.Whats your thoughts?

Although he's obviously 'a talent', seems extremely immature, even for his age. You look at our youngsters buying into the team ethos we have, Grealish seems to want to do what he wants. Not suggesting he could upset our dressing room, just not convinced he would bring much.

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

Although he's obviously 'a talent', seems extremely immature, even for his age. You look at our youngsters buying into the team ethos we have, Grealish seems to want to do what he wants. Not suggesting he could upset our dressing room, just not convinced he would bring much.

could be the kind of environment he needs to mature. we have a few heads in the team around the same age that seem to show a great level of commitment and professionalism, he'd be more involved here, and striving towards something rather than looking over his shoulder. Villa have been toxic for years. if he's available for loan i'd jump at the chance, we need a  winger, he'll need champ experience for next year if he stays there or perfect show window playing here to jump ship an find a more suitable club

Feel like Grealish to Derby (hypothetically, for now) could go one of two ways.

He comes here with an open mind, Clement et al sort him out mentally, has a decent 6 months at Derby and is then snapped up by one of the Prem big teams;

or 

He comes in as an over-ego'd, overpaid, diva who believes he's too good for Derby - then doesn't get anywhere near the team and gets the hook from Villa as he's not getting enough minutes.

Could upset the group of professional, well-balanced group we have. Given the current crop of evidence, not worth the risk, imo.

Archived