January Transfer Suggestion Thread

needles

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me the absolute top target has to be McCormack.

Can play on the wing or up front. He can score and create,

He would cost a fair bit, But Fulham must be coming under financial pressure to sell now as promotion looks well beyond them again.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

For me the absolute top target has to be McCormack.

Can play on the wing or up front. He can score and create,

He would cost a fair bit, But Fulham must be coming under financial pressure to sell now as promotion looks well beyond them again.

I thought McCormack too. Surely he is getting frustrated. He's scored enough goals over the years to warrant playing in the PL. He's scoring again this season at Fulham yet they find themselves towards the bottom. He ain't getting any younger, surely he'd want to give himself a better chance of playing top flight football?

I think we could end up confusing ourselves if we sign a player who will seriously rival chris martin.

even though the goals have dried up, chris is doing a great job and is key to what we do.

if it aint broke.....

tbh i'm not sure we need anyone.

Calamity can cover carson. Baird covers both full backs. We would miss keogh or shackell, but Pearce should be given an opportunity if need arises. (I think bucko will go, hopefully shotton too) Rawson could come back? Hanson covers thorne (just about), hendrick can cover bradders and butters; plus there's bryson if he ever gets fit; weiman, ince, johnny, and i'm sure we used to have someone called dawkins? for the wide positions. Chris Martin and......and......and........

clarke-harris (permanent) or kramaric on loan for me.

and of course there's Darren Marmite Bent. Not to mention Lowe, Calero, Santos, Bunjaku, Guy, Bennett etc etc.

30 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think we could end up confusing ourselves if we sign a player who will seriously rival chris martin.

even though the goals have dried up, chris is doing a great job and is key to what we do.

if it aint broke.....

tbh i'm not sure we need anyone.

Calamity can cover carson. Baird covers both full backs. We would miss keogh or shackell, but Pearce should be given an opportunity if need arises. (I think bucko will go, hopefully shotton too) Rawson could come back? Hanson covers thorne (just about), hendrick can cover bradders and butters; plus there's bryson if he ever gets fit; weiman, ince, johnny, and i'm sure we used to have someone called dawkins? for the wide positions. Chris Martin and......and......and........

clarke-harris (permanent) or kramaric on loan for me.

and of course there's Darren Marmite Bent. Not to mention Lowe, Calero, Santos, Bunjaku, Guy, Bennett etc etc.

So you don't want to sign McCormack who's main position is on the left of a forward 3 as this would upset Martin, then you suggest we sign an out and out striker instead.

You are right. We are confusing ourselves. 

Zach Clough sounds like a great player to be, but how much regular game time can we give him? If available Kramaric would be a stellar addition, and would be capable of playing in the PL next season, unlike Clarke Harris. 

Can't help but feel like we could use another left back, as Baird just shouldn't play there. Fozzy is out and Warnock isn't particularly consistent and he's in the final (let's hope) stages of his contract.

Just now, SouthernRam said:

Zach Clough sounds like a great player to be, but how much regular game time can we give him? If available Kramaric would be a stellar addition, and would be capable of playing in the PL next season, unlike Clarke Harris. 

Can't help but feel like we could use another left back, as Baird just shouldn't play there. Fozzy is out and Warnock isn't particularly consistent and he's in the final (let's hope) stages of his contract.

what?

Warnock has possibly, on averages, been our best player over the last 5-6 games!

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

what?

Warnock has possibly, on averages, been our best player over the last 5-6 games!

I was looking at the bigger picture. I understand lots of fans have been singing his praises, but for me he just is lacking something - that's simply a personal opinion!

Archived