January Transfer Suggestion Thread

needles

11 hours ago, ColchesterRam said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Bamford ends up back at Boro at some point to be honest! 

Nor would I to be honest. Seemed to flourish there, and the Karanka-Mourinho relationship could help grease the wheels.

He seems to have a very clear career trajectory mapped out in his head, with each move needing to be a definite step forward towards his ultimate dream of a Chelsea place. I do wonder if he'll reach a bit of a glass ceiling though, whereby the set-up at Chelsea won't allow for him to break into the first team and he'll need to decide if he wants to keep going out on loan and clinging onto the Chelsea dream, or accept it's not going to happen and look elsewhere.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, HeyHudson said:

He seems to have a very clear career trajectory mapped out in his head, with each move needing to be a definite step forward towards his ultimate dream of a Chelsea place. I do wonder if he'll reach a bit of a glass ceiling though, whereby the set-up at Chelsea won't allow for him to break into the first team and he'll need to decide if he wants to keep going out on loan and clinging onto the Chelsea dream, or accept it's not going to happen and look elsewhere.

Problem being that he's good... I'm just not convinced he's ever going to be THAT good...

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

You lost me @RamLad1884....

So player who is not good enough to Leeds is recalled because doesn't get to their first team... and he would be good for us?

He was recalled because the Leeds manager couldn't guarantee not to eat him, never mind play him!

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Will Martin Odegaard come to the Championship? If so, surely we're in prime position to take him after Ancelotti and Clement gave him his Real debut: http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/spain/2015/12/02/17943342/benitez-leaves-odegaard-in-the-dark-at-madrid

Would you want him or might he disrupt the squad in some way?

He seems to be faltering quite heavily at Madrid, clearly not what he was expecting. I'm curious how much he's worth to buy at this stage. I'd take him on loan with a clause to sign him if we want to in the summer. That would be the best case, not very likely though, I think he'll stay in the background at Madrid for a few years and appear at an average top-tier european side.

36 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

The lads 16 of course he isn't going to be getting much first team football. He is only 16 and it is way to soon to see whether he is a 'flop'. 

No-one thinks he's a flop. A lot of articles have suggested though that he thought, himself, he would be doing more than he is. Loaned out or playing for the B team etc.  Madrid are doing neither with him. 

11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

No-one thinks he's a flop. A lot of articles have suggested though that he thought, himself, he would be doing more than he is. Loaned out or playing for the B team etc.  Madrid are doing neither with him. 

He plays for Castilla which is the B team and he is only 16 and probably isn't ready for playing for the first team. 

7 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

He plays for Castilla which is the B team and he is only 16 and probably isn't ready for playing for the first team. 

He's played in 12 of their 15 games this season, which is fair enough. He wasn't playing much last time he came up was merely my point. Can't score for them though :p and only has the one assist. 

So, I don't see Derby being interested anyway, unless we sign him for the U21s lol

1 hour ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

The lads 16 of course he isn't going to be getting much first team football. He is only 16 and it is way to soon to see whether he is a 'flop'. 

He's not even played the 2 games that Weimann was allowed before being deemed a waste of money :ph34r:

13 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

And that Castilla team is horrible. Poor team, even worse manager and couple promising players. Nothing like for example Barcelona has.

Archived