January Transfer Suggestion Thread

needles

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever we have to pay to get Ross Mc is worth the money to grab promotion. He would be an asset in the Premiership but his goals would be worth the money this season. £130 million is a lot of money. Play Offs must be avoided at all costs. If I was Rush I would be having a chat with Fulham representatives today. Coming to Derby would give Ross a chance to show that he can do it. Ferguson signed Dwight Yorke because he caused Man Utd the most trouble. See Ross McCormack for details.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

Whatever we have to pay to get Ross Mc is worth the money to grab promotion. He would be an asset in the Premiership but his goals would be worth the money this season. £130 million is a lot of money. 

No.....he's not worth £130m.

Not a player who would make or break promotion but a good option from the bench as cover for either of the wingers - Murphy who's at MK Dons? On loan from Norwich so we'd have to hijack that but he seems like a decent player from any highlights I've seen of him. Scored a good goal again today.

McCormack is very good but I had no idea he was 29. At that age, I think you'd only get two years out of him before he starts to decline due to his style of play.

In January the only area I'd like to see us strengthen is on the wing. A Warnock back-up too, but not a permanent deal. We can wait until the summer where there will be more options.

Think we could do with a winger, left back and a striker (short on numbers if we get an injury to Martin or Bent).

Left Back - Galloway on loan from Everton? Thought he was good for them but probably not going to get a look in with Baines back. Not sure about his availability though... Reason I'd go for a loan over a permanent transfer is that we still have Forsyth to return from injury.

Winger - Seen us linked with McManaman, think he'd be a good fit. Can't think of too many others though.

Striker - Benik Afobe from Wolves, strong lad, bit of pace and an eye for a goal. Not sure how much we're willing to spend in January but I'm guessing he'd be costly.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

McCormack is very good but I had no idea he was 29. At that age, I think you'd only get two years out of him before he starts to decline due to his style of play.

In January the only area I'd like to see us strengthen is on the wing. A Warnock back-up too, but not a permanent deal. We can wait until the summer where there will be more options.

I'd still take him in a heartbeat, I don't believe he cost Fulham anything like 11 million, maybe that was with add ons which Leeds won't benefit from.

6 million on a 3 year contract should satisfy FFP obligations, and would make the difference between possible promotion and certain promotion, Imo. 

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

Not a player who would make or break promotion but a good option from the bench as cover for either of the wingers - Murphy who's at MK Dons? On loan from Norwich so we'd have to hijack that but he seems like a decent player from any highlights I've seen of him. Scored a good goal again today.

Both the murphy twins have great potential, but josh seems to be the better one.

it might take a couple more years before he starts to realise the potential.

In regards to a winger, Alan Judge would be ideal; he's been brilliant so far this season, goalscoring winger that has the ability to both score and create goals and can take a mean set piece too.

Matt Phillips would come a close second, looked a dangerous player every time he's come up against us and combined with Ince would be a real threat. N.B. realise they have played together before but in our team would be even more lethal.

7 hours ago, muzzamurray said:

what about youri tielemans from anderlecht?

CM, but can play the wide roles if needs be, would be worth looking at for the future, looks to be an amazing talent at only 18 aswell...

Thoughts?

Yeah.....lets sign the hottest midfield prospect in europe.

good idea.

7 hours ago, muzzamurray said:

what about youri tielemans from anderlecht?

CM, but can play the wide roles if needs be, would be worth looking at for the future, looks to be an amazing talent at only 18 aswell...

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Think you've been playing FIFA. 

Archived